Chapter 10

Unedited - mind any spelling / grammar mistakes x

I put on my heels after curling my hair, I went for a simple look today, not really caring about any of the party goers.

"Is dan picking you up" Lucy asks as she pulls on a pair of tights.

"He hasn't answered my texts yet" I look down at my phone to check again.

"You can always join with us, Brad won't mind"

"I think I'll take the offer" I laugh and she pulls me up as we get out of the room and to the car park.

Brad is already awaiting outside, we quickly step into his car and he smiles sweetly.

I'd have to say, I didn't think Brad was a bad guy, he was often quite sweet and would greet me if he saw me, whereas Drew was a total prick.

"You ladies look good" he says and takes out a cigarette, I mentally cringe.

"Thanks" I smile and then the rest of the journey consists of him and Lucy gossiping about this, that or the other.

"I think Drews here tonight" Lucy nudges me as we get out the car and I adjust my dress, I roll my eyes at her.

"How nice" I say blandly and she laughs.

"He's not so bad, honest to God" she says her hands flying in the air.

"Let's just get this over with yh" I smile at her and she links arms with mine as we walk with Brad.

This time the party was at some sort of apartment, we walked to the top floor which had a open balcony.

"My people!" Lucy squeals as we find Josh, Drew and Dan already sat down with drinks.

"Dan" I murmur to myself. He looked at me straight in the eyes with a bottle to his mouth and I looked back at him in confusion.

"Hello sexy" Drew winks at me and I smile at him awkwardly before quickly sitting next to Dan.

"Hey" I whisper against his shoulder, everyone else seemed to be drunk so wouldn't even notice anything.

"Hi" he says monotonously.

"You didn't answer my texts"

"I was going to" he seemed to be annoyed and I couldn't tell why.

"It's getting quite stuffy here, do you want to go to the other balc-"

"If you don't mind, I'd like to enjoy my drink"

"Yh sure" I smile linking my arm through his and he shifts away.

"By myself" he says and I feel my chest sink. I nod and watch him scroll through his phone.

I walk out of the balcony feeling sweaty and hurt, I didn't know where this sudden mood of his came from.

I poured myself a drink once I got back into the apartment and sat myself near the AC, considering it was winter this apartment was hot as hell.

"Wouldn't mind pouring me one would you" Drew walks in and sits beside me, I wave the bottle and he laughs. "Not even a cup, now miss Riley that's bad"

"What can you say, a girl likes her drink" I chuckle.

"Clearly" he laughs and his arms snakes behind my back, but I didn't care and I felt the sudden urge to lean into him, maybe it's because I craved the attention that Dan wasn't giving me, I didn't care, I just needed to feel something other than loneliness.

"I head about the internship, sexy and smart my favourite combo"

"Aren't you going to treat me, you should treat your favourite girl for doing so well" I say looking up at him and he lets out a breath.