Chapter 25

Unedited

Exam season was coming to an end, it had been the same routine for the past three weeks and it had started to get draining.

My last exam was tomorrow and straight after that we had a conference at work for some unknown reason.

Speaking of work, Mr Styles has still been a little off then usual but there were moments were it felt just like old times. I told him about my fathers heart attack and he asked me a rather strange question, "does your father have gout?" I looked at him oddly and shook my head no, he then proceeded to tell me that his father had it and he's scared that he will too. I didn't quite understand where he was going but maybe the topic made him afraid, especially because he just a little younger than my father.

"I was thinking we could go out tomorrow evening" Dan suggests, I was sat on my desk while he was drawing on his sketchbook.

"Your exams may be over but not mine" I sigh.

"I know but a little meal won't do no harm"

"Nope, I can't go"

"Fine" he huffs. "You'd don't have to be an ass" he comments.

"I'm not starting this" I say as I pack my stuff up, "I'm going library, don't follow me"

Without hearing his last word I slam the door behind me and head to the library, maybe I was a bit hard on Dan but after all I did have exams and things had been a little rocky since our love making, he insisted we do it again and I made up some sorry excuse. I loved Dan, but not the way he craved love, I loved him like a dear friend.

I sat in the library for hours on end, before I realised it was almost midnight. I packed my stuff up before making my way down and I stopped in my tracks when I noticed a man outside my door. He was skinny looking and dressed in all black, Dan steps outside and I hid behind the wall as I spied on them.

I could faintly hear their mumbles and they sneakily exchanged something in each other's hands, I was petrified when I heard the man walking back through the exit, which was my way. I quickly ran to the side of the hallway and pretended to be coming out of the communal toilets. He must've bought it because he barely gave me a glance.

What could this have been? I wasn't sure at all and I didn't want to pester Dan about it. For all I knew it could just be his illegal art supplier, but even then I was staring to feel like that was a lie too.

He would often tell me he's going to the studio, or picking up some pieces. Now I'm not accusing him of cheating, not at all, but I definitely knew that his outings weren't just art related. Nevertheless, I shrugged it off, I couldn't accuse Dan of anything when I was the one who practically cheated on him and falsely made made love to him.

"Hey" I tiredly sigh as I walk into the room, Dan changing into his night wear.

"Are you going to bite my head off again" he scoffs.

"No" I chuckle. "Have any visitors while I was gone" I hum as I unpack my bag, he was now getting ready for bed.

"No one, why'd you ask" he speaks hesitantly.

"Oh just, I assumed you'd be bored out of your mind all that time"

"Nope, just in the room all evening" he laughs. Liar.

"Right, well maybe after work tomorrow we can grab that lunch ok" I go over to his bed and kiss him goodbye. He clutches on to my wrist.

"Sleep with me tonight" he pleads, I bite my lips and nod.

We lay down together and it comforted my aching nerves, tomorrow was my last exam and if didn't pass these exams I wouldn't be able to proceed on to next years course.