Chapter 8

Unedited

"Say something then" Dan chuckles nervously as he nudges me.

"H-how- I mean why didn't you tell me!" I shout as he looks at me in surprise and confusion.

"I thought you wanted the internship?"

"You had no right to just go and do that behind my back" I spit and shift completely away from him.

"I don't get what the issue is here, last time you asked for the placement and I thought I'd make up my dick behaviour by actually getting it for you" he explains and I started to get upset just thinking about all the possible scenarios of working there, what if Harry's there?

Nonsense. I knew he wouldn't, if there's two people he despised in this world it'd be me and his father, oh, and probably Zayn.

"If you don't want it I'll have to let them know by tomorrow" Dan mutters.

"Why?" I realise my tone was sharp.

"I thought it'd be a surprise and cheer you up but turns out it done the complete opposite"

"You didn't answer the question" I snap.

"The placement starts tomorrow" dan gets off of my bed and I couldn't get my head around all this. "You have till midnight Ella to decide" he puts on his jacket and shoes before coming over to me.

"I promise I didn't mean to upset you, you do whatever you like" he kisses me faintly on the cheek and I give a smile smile as he leaves me sitting in my dorm room with so much confusion.

Maybe I could take the placement, after all it'd be a big step for me and it's not as if I had to mention I knew Harry, I doubt I'd even be working with the actual Mr styles himself. Maybe I was just overthinking everything.

The other part of me knew that no matter how much I resisted it I'd still feel all the emotional memories, just the name styles does something to my insides, how would I be able to work knowing I'm working under him. I was even more stressed out with dan and not to mention his possible drug dealer. I wanted to confront him about it but I had no right to look at his phone in the first place.

I sat in my bed watching my shows but in my head I was trying to list the pros and cons.

At 11:55 dan messaged me.

Dan: have you made up your mind Ella?

I was now seating and scrunching my hair. What should I do?

11:57

I had three minutes and I still hadn't come to a solution

11:58

Maybe if I..

11:59

Me: yes I'll do it.

12:00.

I quickly replied and switched my phone off, I got into bed and tried not to overthink anything.

~
I woke up early that morning expecting a message from Dan, he gave me the address and the outline of the job and just other extra information I'd have to know.

My nerves were rattling, my hair was drying from the shower I just had and I was trying to get my makeup to perfection but for some reason it just wasn't working.