Chapter 6

The atmosphere was now silent with only Helen and I in the kitchen, Marcus had stormed out of the house, she stared at her food coldly and her eyes looked stone cold yet watery.

"I should check on Da-"

"All my life, all I've ever wanted to do is make my family happy" she smiles chillingly. "I've always wanted the best"

"I completely understand Ms, it's all every mother wants"

"You don't understand!" She laughs and a single tear leaves her eye. "I've always put up with shit and I've tried my hardest to keep that boy on the straight and narrow"

"Dan is truly amazing, compared to any other college boy, he's go his life together and I think that's beautiful"

"It's all very easy for you to say, you're just his girlfriend flouncing around and keeping him busy! You don't know him at all"

"You're right, maybe I don't. But at least I respect his wishes rather than moping and crying and having a go at someone whose got more faith in their son than them" before she could breathe another word I up and go.

I quickly walk up the wooden stairs and peak around until I hear ruffling in from what I suspect is dans room.

I knock on the door and when there's no reply I enter anyways.

"What the-" I gasp as I find Dans art pieces ripped and scattered around his room, he was laying on the bed with a bottle in his hand.

"How'd you like the art now" Dan laughs and I carefully walk across the dark room and over to him.

"Dan, I don't know what to say"

"Don't say anything" he sits up and shrugs, I couldn't tell if he was drunk.

"Are you drunk?"

"I don't think so" he chuckles and I take the bottle from his hand.

I raise an eyebrow but leave the glass bottle on the ground.

"Can you see why I don't get on with my parents now" he laughs and I give him a small smile.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be, it's them, they just want me to work for shitty styles and co" my eyes widen at the sound of the familiar name again.

"Dan, what is styles and co"

"Some business my firm my father works for, one of the top in the country"

"I've heard of it I think" I mumble and he shifts closer to me.

"Do you think I should drop the art?" He asks looking up to me, his features suddenly look childish.

"I think if you love it with all your heart you should go with it. Stick it out and prove everyone wrong" I smile  and he tugs my arm. I laugh and swat his arm until eventually I give in and lay next to him.

"You're real nice you know" he says and I nudge him. "Really, I don't get how you're ex could leave someone like you, you're special Ella"

"Thank you" I whisper.

The room falls silent as we both stare around and laugh when our eyes fall on to each other.

"Dan"

"Yes"

"T-that place at styles and co"

"What about it?"

"Do you think I should go for it?"

Hi guys!!

Short chapter ik :( Omg I feel like I haven't updated in ages but honestly I have been so so so busy and I'm only getting busier but I will try my hardest to update.

So how have you all been?

Also just wanted to leave you guys a question I saw:

Q: a celebrity everyone finds beautiful but you don't.

A: Demi Lovato

I hope to interact with you guys more and make sure to comment/vote. Love you! X