Chapter 7

After that eventful evening at Dans house there was almost little to no words from him.

I asked him about the placement in which he simply ignored me and suggested that he'd call a cab to drop me back off to the dorms.

The library was dead silent and I was trying to finish this English essay but my thoughts were consumed of Dan. I wondered why it'd bothered him so much. But of course, what was I doing? What would working in Harry's fathers firm do for me? It's not as if I wanted contact with Harry or anything from my past-

"Hi, did you finish the essay then" Hannah interrupts my thoughts. She was blessed with her Chinese features; her slicked black silky hair, her soft glowing skin and shimmery brown eyes.

"Sorry?" I cough.

"The work Ella, I see you need help" she smiles and pulls the chair out next to me. Did I also mention she's one of the smartest kids in the school and her organisation skills are the type you imagine you have at 3 am in the morning when you're getting your life together.

"I'm not in the mood Hannah I'm so sorry" I attempt to leave but she grabs my arm.

"I can tell something's up, and I've seen girls like you, pretty girls waste all their talent on useless boys"

"It's not a b-"

"I'll tell you a quick story Ella, my parents sent me here because I was willing to abandon my studies for a boy. Them dropping me off here has been the best decision ever"

"That's nice for you but I don't have contact with my parents" I smile and she gasps aloud.

"Ella, no wonder you're down"

"I really don't need them, trust me" I giggle at her surprise.

"How long has it been"

"Three months"

"Oh my god. You must be hurting so much" she frowns and pats my back, I end up laughing so hard and she looks at me confusedly.

"Hannah, I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate it, I do, it's just I don't think I need my parents so when I'm ready to see them I will" I say as I gather my bag and stand up.

"If you need help with that essay you know where I am" she smiles and I'm glad she got the message.

It was early December and Christmas time was approaching, what a Scrooge I'd be on Christmas, I had no family or proper friends and I'm a hundred percent sure Lucy will be out on the holidays.

"Ella" I hear a familiar voice call for me, it was dan. I sighed before turning around and giving him a smile. "Where've you been?" He asks.

"Library" I mumble.

"Where are you heading now?"

"Back to my room"

"I was thinking if you'd like to join me for lunch"

"I actually wanted to stay in"

"Ok, how about a movie at yours and I'll order in food" I know the right answer would be to say no, to have him realise that he can't just talk to me when he's in the mood.