Chapter 18

Unedited

It was Monday evening, work was coming to an end and I was glad. Today had taken all my energy what with Mr Styles being gone and giving me a tonne load of work, I wondered if he knew that I also had college work to balance out.

I sighed as it was reaching past six but I knew I needed to get this work done.

Two hours. Two hours later and I was still here desperately finishing off his last report.

I let out a loud breath and I put the pen down and flexed my fingers.

"Delivery Miss Riley" there was a knock on the door, I looked up tiredly and chirped come in.

It was another brown package, I furrowed my brows and gave the delivery man a swift smile as he quickly slipped away.

Carefully again, I unwrapped the little package. And again there was a black box with golden lining. And again there was another rose, this time the note said "two".

I looked at it blankly before sighing and placing it back in its packaging to go in my bag. I wonder what these flowers were for, why was Mr Styles giving me these flowers.

Without thinking too much, I hurried out of the building and got the train back home.

I was exhausted by the time I got back to the dorms, I dropped my bag as soon as I got in, luckily Dan wasn't in so I put the second Rose into the vase.

Did I need to hide them? I'm not sure but I did anyways.

"Why'd you look suspicious" Dans voice startles me and I quickly draw the curtains.

"I was just about to get changed" I let him know. "Might head for the shower" I hum while walking over to my wardrobe.

"My mums invited us for dinner tomorrow night, did my dad mention anything at work?"

"No, and no offence Dan, I'm not really sure if I want to go"

"I was thinking you wouldn't"

"I still think you should go" I encourage him.

"To sit in silence with my parents, no thank you"

"You're lucky you have your parents"

"You never really told me why you can't just contact them" he questions and I turn around holding my pyjamas.

"After they found out about me and- the guy I was dating, they weren't too happy"

"Oh cmon, I'm sure they're over that now" he laughs.

"No, really they won't be"

"It's not as if he's a killer" he says mindlessly and then gasps. "Ella was he a murde-"

"No!" I laugh. "H-he was my teacher" I whisper and he chokes.

"Whoa"

"Don't look at me like that" I feel uncomfortable under his stare as his eyes start scanning me.

"I'm sorry, I'm just well.. surprised"

"You can see why they won't talk now hmm"

"Everyone makes mistakes and if your parents can't get past that then that's their loss" he states simply.

"I was telling myself that for ages but, I do tend to miss them"

"They'll come back to you watch" he smiles.

"Time heals everything" I smirk and he looks at me proudly.

~
My lesson had just finished but I couldn't even be happy because I got a message from Tasha asking for me to come in to help her with some reports.