Chapter 2

Unedited

End of October break:

It was the end of the one week holiday which meant normal class routines were back in place. Everyone in class had that, I just woke up and put myself together in five minutes kind of look.

"So, if you just finish the questions on page 8 we can go over them tomorrow, class dismissed" my literature teacher dismisses us a couple of minutes early since everyone was literally falling asleep.

"Hey" molly bumps into me as I leave the class and I look up in surprise.

"You look good considering you were out doing rounds" I laugh and she hooks her arm with mine.

"I'm used to it, we should deffo get something to eat babes. I'm tired of cafeteria chips and beans"

"I haven't got much time between my next lessons" I lie and she furrows her brows.

"I thought this was your only lesson"

"Well I've got a lot of work to be catching up on" I shrug and she lets out an elongated groan.

"Come on Ella! I promise it'll be good, and no alcohol"

"It's not even the alcohol" I shake my head.

"Then what?"

"It's nothing" I shrug it off and she smiles.

"Dan is going to be there" she says and the mention of his name takes me by surprise and I can't tell why.

"That's cool" I play it off.

"It's more than cool, you two get on and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to know you're joining"

"Will the other boys be there"

"Only Brad" she says and I roll my eyes mentally. "Pleaseeeeeee, cmon I need my favourite girl with me" she pleads and I laugh giving in.

"Fine" I sigh.

"I'll drive so meet me downstairs in half an hours time, I just need to run a few errands" she says and innit before we go our separate ways.

~
I decided on keeping on my oversized jumper and leggings, I quickly threw on my  faux shearling jacket and vans before grabbing my purse and heading outside.

"I thought you'd be glam to the max with the amount of time you took" Lucy laughs and I lightheartedly join.

"I overslept" I shrug and she smiles turning up the music as we started to drive.

"How'd you and Brad meet?" I ask as we both took a break from singing and she lowered the volume of the music.

"Oh just at some party, he was stunned with how much I could drink" she giggles and her features suddenly make her look so childish.

"That's cute" I smile and open the window a little.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"You never really told me about your ex other than the whole breaking up part"

"I'm sure I have" I laugh nervously trying to avoid the question.

"Nope, what's his name"

"H-Harry" I say my stomach churning as I think of him.

"Is he a posh boy" she nudges me.