Chapter 24

Unedited

"Ella" he smiles and walks closer to me, I step back and stumble into Dan. "What are you doing here?" He asks and I freeze.

"El" Dan whispers in my ear and I shake my head.

"Don't talk to me" I spit at Zayn and he looks down.

"Lets go" I grab ahold of Dan and Zayn starts to follow us again.

"Please just hear me out!" Zayn shouts and people start to watch the three of us, I roll my eyes out of frustration, why did this have to be happening.

"What do you want me to do" I seethe and he sighs.

"Come to my house, just talk to me" he pleads and I shake my head.

"Fuck off"

"Please, Ella you need to hear me out" he sighs and I was so angry, I wanted to scream and shout but I knew better than to cause a scene especially with Dan here.

"I don't need anything from you, stop pestering me ok I've had enough"

"Ella, I'm begging you" he says and I stop once again. His face has a small frown which made me feel awful.

Damn it, there I go again feeling sorry for people.

"Fine" I huff and Dan looks at me in confusion and pulls me away from Zayn.

"Are you going to tell me who he is and why you've just agreed to go to his house?" Dan snaps and he had every right to.

"I'm sorry" I close my eyes trying to stop feeling so annoyed. "He's just an old friend"

"You weren't so friendly" Dan scoffs.

"There's a lot of people I'm no longer friendly with" I state and he lets out an frustrated sigh.

"So, where do you expect me to go? I'm not going to your parents without you"

"You can wait in the car"

"While you speak to that man alone?" He says, I was already annoyed at Zayn and now Dan being difficult was just adding on to my annoyance.

"Why, don't you trust me?"

"You've got to admit it looks very dodgy. Honestly El why did you even call me over if you're going to ditch me for that prick. Just a second ago he was stalking you"

"Argh" I pull at my hair. "If you have such a problem go home!" I shout losing my temper.

"I will!" He shouts in my face back catching people's attention, he walks away and as I try to run after him Zayn holds my wrist, I instantly pull my hand away.

"Don't touch me!"

"Just leave him, he'll come round"

"You don't know nothing" I spit.

"I'll drive" Zayn says and starts to walk ahead, I dreadfully follow him with my head spinning a thousand thoughts and feelings.

~

We drive in utter silence as he takes me back to his old flat.

"You still live here?" I ask and stare at the gloomy building in front of us.

"Uh yeah" he shyly chuckles and I follow behind him as we leave the car and walk to the building.

"My flatmate doesn't live with me anymore" Zayn remarks as we finally get to his floor. He shuffles his hands in his pocket and reaches out for his key.

He opens the door and we step into the dark house, he turns the light on and I almost gasp when I step on to a misplaced shoe. He quickly puts it away and I chuckle, I thought I stepped on a cat or something.