Chapter 13

Prior to events, December 24:

My head was still aching slightly from yesterday's hangover. I had a little too much to drink at the Styles and co Christmas party but it was worth it, I hadn't felt so good in a long time.

It was Christmas Eve and spirits on campus were running high with everyone inviting each other to dinners and mostly people were excited about the Christmas party that was going to happen. I heard it was going to be huge and that one of the richest girls in the college would be funding it, via her daddy's bank account of course.

I entertained myself with suits and a tub of ice cream, I was wrapped in thick woolly pyjamas and on top of that I had a large throw wrapped around myself.

I guess this was my Christmas, alone with Netflix and ice cream, how nice.

I imagined how my mother would be panicking right about now on how to make the turkey, and the Christmas decorations would be on so last minute and my father would be sipping his expensive wine promising that everything will be ok.

With a sigh, I switched my show off and decided to scroll through my phone, I found a few messages and missed call from Dan, it must've been when I was in the library.

I didn't know whether I should call him back, I was still annoyed with his hot and cold behaviour towards me but right now I needed a friend, and I didn't have many of those with at the moment.

Taking in a deep breath, I sigh and call him again, the phone rings for a while and when I consider ending the call he picks up.

"Ella" he sounds pleased.

"You called?" I reply.

"Yh, I just wanted to see how you are"

"You can cut the bullshit Dan" I laugh and he's about to say something but stops.

"I think we have a lot of" he pauses. "A lot of mending to do between us"

"I don't need to mend anything. I haven't done anything"

"Can I come over?" He asks timidly.

"Aren't you spending Christmas Eve with your family?"

"They're out this Christmas, they're going to visit my aunt"

"Why didn't you go?"

"I had mending to do"

"Dan-"

"Will you let me mend things? Please Ella" he pleads and I sigh.

"Fine, when will you come over"

"Right now if that's ok" he chuckles and I couldn't help the little smile playing on my face.

"See you soon" I say and put the phone down.

I was a little nervous if I'm honest, I didn't know what I'd say to Dan because I was so angry with him at the time, but now I'd sort of forgotten about the whole issue, I was fine with just ignoring him.

I'm sat contemplating my thoughts and that's when there's a knock on the door.

He came awfully quick, I thought as I unwrapped myself from my warmth and opened the door.