Chapter 22

Tyler's P.O.V

I went home like Heather instructed but wouldn't go to sleep. Just in case Heather called and something happened. I couldn't sleep anyway when Heather told me the heart monitor went flat I shuddered... because I mean my best friend's heart stopped. It just stopped she was dead. I looked out my my window and glanced at my clock. Abby wouldn't be home by now if she went to school anyway. I was just stumped as to why she would go. Everyone at school by now knew about Brenda and I'm sure Abby didn't feel like putting up with it. I was starting to get worried. I went over to Abby's house and knocked on the door. It swung open. Now I was getting worried.

"ABBY!" I called running up her stairs. I went into her room she wasn't there.

"ABBY!" I called frantically checking every room in the house. She wasn't there. But Abby's careful she would of closed and locked the door if she went to school. I stopped running around. I put my hands on my knees and breathed heavily catching my breath. I turned and the phone started ringing. I knew it wasn't my house but I checked the caller ID it was the school. I couldn't answer it so I waited for the call to end and listened to the voicemail.

"Hi this is Wendy from your Daughter Abigail's school. I was just calling to let you know that you forgot to call in your daughter for her absence. Just give us a call back at 1"

I stopped the voice message. Abby wasn't at school and the door was left open. What happened? I got nervous really quickly. What if my uncle found out about her and took her. He was going to beat her like he beat Brenda. I decided I would go to the gang's warehouse and just check it out. Apologize to my uncle and hopefully convince him. I got in my car and drove towards the warehouse.
*************************************
Abigail's P.O.V

Derek dragged my down the hall and I eagerly looked around. I saw the back of I think Tyler's head. I only know it was Tyler's cause I recognized the tattoo he had on the back if his neck. I stopped and tugged the other way Derek was heading.

"Tyl-!" I was cut off by Derek covering his hand over my mouth and smacking me hard whipping my head to the side and causing it to smack the wall. I cried as continued dragging my down the hall. I was thrown into a cold cement room. I hit the floor hard and cried out. Derek took a head count.

"Glad to see everyone's here!" said Derek smiling.

"What do you mean?" questioned one girl quietly.

"No questions" said Derek sternly.

"Why?" said the girl again.

"WHAT DID I SAY!" screamed Derek. The girl suddenly didn't have anything to say anymore. Somebody will be in here in the morning to get you guys ready for tomorrow night. Derek looked around one last time and slammed the door shut. The second we heard the door lock click closed you could hear everyone sigh with relief. I couldn't stop myself about thinking about Tyler. I was probably just missing him. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Does anybody have any idea what the hell is happening?" questioned the one curious girl.

"Don't you think if we knew we would tell you" chirped in another girl.

"Sorry I just want to know. Like is this a creepy sacrifice thing?" trailed on the girl. I shuddered thinking of what they actual are going to do with us. I don't even want to think about it. I know I'm going to die. I just wish I knew about Brenda and could say goodbye to everyone. Say goodbye to my mom, my dad, my Tyler. Some of the girls starting crying. Some stared with blank expressions. Some chatted with each other. And then there was me who smiled thinking of the good times I had and how I was ready to die.

Danielle's P.O.V (Abby's mom)

After watching street cameras all night and tracking down the car that kicked out Brenda. I called it a day. We found the car in a lot, abandoned. We traced for prints and found two matches. A man in his mid 20's named Manny. We also found prints of a man of 18 years named Derek. We related there prints and saw they were cousins. We also traced them both back to a gang. We looked and looked for the gang's location but had no luck. Tomorrow we pick up on the search. Everybody needed to go get some sleep. It was about 9pm when I got home. As I pulled into the driveway I saw Tyler sitting on the stoop.