Chapter 18

Tyler's P.O.V

After hours of pacing the room. Listening to Brenda's mothers sighs, and watching the faces of each and every one of Brenda's siblings just drop and stare blankly into nothing, watching Abigail's eyes hopelessly follow each doctor that passed by hoping it was someone with good news.

"Abigail!" someone shouted out from down the hall.

"Mom!" Said Abigail sanding up and hugging her mom. Abigail released her mother. Her moms slowly walked to Brenda's mother.

"My name is Danielle" said Abigail's mother extending her hand towards Brenda's mother.

"Heather" choked out Brenda's mother. Heather wiped her hand on her jeans and shook Danielle's hand.

"We will find who did this to your daughter" said Danielle giving her assuring eyes with a honest voice.

"Please" cried out Heather letting tears fall. Heather reached out and hugged Danielle. Danielle is a great detective she will find who did it. she will take down the whole gang. That can't happen. She will know I'm part of the gang. I will be taken down with them all. I couldn't do this. I either came clean and risk losing Abigail or I get arrested but didn't do anything.

"Ill be right back" I said getting up and walking down the hall to get outside and get some air. I needed it.

Abigail's P.O.V

My mom looked serious. She wasn't joking. She never got the chance to have the nice meet your neighbor chat. She probably doesn't even know they live across the street. She was working all the time. She was serious and assuring. She is very sensitive to young cases. Whenever a young person is involved or a family she gets sensitive. I can see it. She won't admit it. She doesn't show fear. She does it for me. My father is in the army. She stays strong for me. She try's to play mom and dad. Her sister was murdered when she was 16. Her sister was 18. About Brenda's age. They never found my aunts killer. This motivated my mother to become a detective. I never got to meet my aunt. She was murdered for no reason. She was found in an alley behind a bar. She was walking home from her friends and took a short cut through the alley. Some drunk bastard must of found her. Whoever is was raped her and then beat her an left her to die. My mom is sensitive to young cases. Especially kids that were close to my aunts age. Brenda is 17 about to be 18. She was also beaten. She may die. I have seen pictures of my aunt. She looks sorta like Brenda too. She is a little shorter. But same hair. My aunt also had freckles Brenda doesn't. Still I can see her. She see's her sister in Brenda. I feel bad for my mother but admired her for staying strong. I looked around.

"Where's Tyler?" I asked.

"He went out for some air" said Heather.

"Thanks" I said walking down the hall.
I opened the door and went outside. I saw Tyler starring outside letting the wind hit his face.

"Ty what's wrong?" I asked turning him around and seeing tears.

"Your mom if she traces Brenda's attack to my gang I'll be taken down with them" He said as tears slowly flowed down his face.

"Tell her the truth" I suggested putting my arms on his shoulder's.

"Then I risk loosing you" he said sniffling.

"Nothing will tear is apart. I don't care if she leads me away from you. We will always be together" I said hugging him. He cried into my shoulder.

"It's not that easy" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Your mother would still arrest me I would still be guilty for being part of the gang. Abby I've killed people You have luckily seen my good side and I don't ever want you to step foot in the gangs premise. You don't deserve thy life Abby. It would be best if we weren't together Abby. I'm a mistake waiting to happen. You have a life ahead of you Abby so go and live it" said Tyler crying and turning away.

"But I want to live it with you Tyler I want to live it with you. Don't do this to me Tyler. Don't break up with me when my friends dying. Don't break up with your girlfriend when your friends dying and you feel like nothing's right. Because it is right. We are right for each other Tyler. Please don't leave me you don't know what your talking about" I said grabbing his arm and tunic him to face me again.

"Abby please don't" he said a tear falling. I caught his tear.

"I already did" I said leaning in as our lips met. He kissed me wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck. After kissing we went back inside and waited more for Brenda's doctor. Some of Brenda's siblings started to yawn getting tired.

"Mom can we go home?" asked