Chapter 19

My grip in his hair automatically and immediately tightened as his lips moved against mine.
I couldn't think, I couldn't understand anything. All I knew, all I could think about, and the only thing I could comprehend was us kissing, him kissing me, and just us.

Us?

There was no way in Hell and Earth that there would ever be an 'us.' Reminding myself of that, I considered breaking the kiss. However, before I did, Mr Lancaster gently bit my lower lip and ran his tongue along it as he had it trapped. An aggressive shiver traveled up my spine, leaving me gasping. I felt his smirk- that dangerous, devilishly handsome smirk that could only promise sinful and unholy things- on my lips as I shivered and gasped and moaned from pleasure.
Mr Lancaster removed both of his hands from my waist, and then just held my face. He deepened the kiss. It felt a little less like sloppy passion and more like a controlled fire building up.
I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted, but from what I could comprehend, I wanted to be closer- even though our bodies were literally pressed together. No one would even be able to fit a piece of paper between us.

Us.

That damned 'u' word!
As I was thinking about how to get closer to Mr Lancaster, he just slid his tongue into my mouth.

Oh my... That's one way to do it. A rather nice way, too.

As he did, a soft moan escaped him. Mr Lancaster's moans... It made me feel things that I shouldn't have felt. But what could I do? I've never experienced anything close to this before- not even with Connor. Connor couldn't make me feel these things. Mr Lancaster's tongue began probing my mouth in a most seductive manner...
I have heard of the phrase "our tongues battled for dominance," but this was not like that. There was no fight, there was no battle. He just invaded and promptly occupied my mouth, as though he was Napoleon and I was Egypt. There was no room for argument or debate, his message was clear: this is mine.
The thought terrified me. What if I was his? I would be doomed for a terribly bleak life next to him.

But you are literally in Venezuela right now, Amy. Does that sound bleak?

No, it didn't. It actually sounded exciting. But I wasn't a delusional little girl. Mr Lancaster would never have feelings for me, and this kiss was only one of convenience. If there was any other woman around, he would have chosen her.
That was enough encouragement for me to stop it. I pulled away, looking down, too embarrassed to meet his eyes. I couldn't even begin to guess how Mr Lancaster interpreted my hesitation, but he cupped my chin and tilted my head up so he could press his lips against mine again.
And I let him.
I felt any self restraint just melt away. The angle I was at allowed him to probe my mouth even deeper.
Why did I let him?
My answer should have been my moans, my breaths getting caught in my chest, my body shaking from pleasure...
But couldn't think clearly enough to address that.
My nails were digging into the back of his neck, prompting him to go further and further. He quickly and willingly gave in. His hold on me tightened, and I could hear him growling.
Growling?
Yes, it seems that Mr Lancaster had some very primal intentions with me.
There was no way that I would allow this to go further than a kiss.
Mr Lancaster's hand traveled to my hair and tightly grabbed a fistfull, eliciting another moan from me.
Maybe a little further than a kiss would be okay...

No! He doesn't even like me! I wouldn't allow this to progress!

Even though you wouldn't mind if it did...

I would mind! I won't let it happen! Stick to your morals, Amy!

To prove a point to myself, I broke our kiss again. Mr Lancaster tried to come back for more, but I stopped him.
"What are you doing?" Mr Lancaster asked, obviously frustrated and... Flustered?
"I'm not delusional, sir. I know you're just trying to get something out of me. Unlike your other women, I am not going to let you use me like that."
"No, I was not trying-"
"Let me go."
He didn't move.
"I remember all the things you've said to Connor. I'm not Connor's 'sexual plaything' and I'm certainly not yours."
"I am certain that you can understand that what I meant by that was-"
"Let me go."
Mr Lancaster did. Slowly, and unwillingly, but he did. I slid to the side to put some more distance between us.
"Shouldn't we start heading back to Cumaná?"
"Um, yes, we should, I suppose."
I pretended to not notice his verbal pause or the disappointment that was laced in his voice. Disappointment? What was up with that?