~~~PUBLISHED Ashful

6/10/12

Paramore is just great! The only exception by Paramore <3

Thankyou Ash :D

~~~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Ashful, but you can call me Ash... 

How old are you?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you...

What inspired you to write your first book?

Sex. Ok, well not so bluntly. As a teenager, I lapped up any fantasy novel I could get my hands on. I love the escapism of the genre and I wanted to create my own world with my own steamy warriors and barbarians (do not ask why these men were never really civilised). So I did, and they ravished my innocent warrior princesses or seers or sorceresses senseless. I only caught on to romance, specifically Historial Romance, when I stumbled upon Judith McNaught in my aunt's bookshelf. I thought it was a fantasy. It wasn't, but I loved it all the same… 

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I can't be specific. There are loads, in every genre. I'm not particular. I adore anything from Fantasy to Romance, to Horror to Humour...

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Isn't it obvious? Historical Romance and Fantasy, of course... 

Do you see writing as a career?

Hells yeah. I studied Journalism... 

~~~~

DID u VOTE?? if u didn't >>>> :)

~~~~~

If you could work with any author who would it be?

I imagine Stephen King would be quite fun to hang out with... 

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

Nope. 

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

Teaching and fighting off waves of cynicism? No. Writing? No. With regards to wattpad, that was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. I've always been afraid of my little romantic stories. It was hard posting my first on here, but it gradually became easier. I can safely say now that I’m confident enough to attempt publishing some of my works, but I would never have ever considered it before.

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

For people of an age, have a stiff drink. For a younger crowd, I don’t know. I’ve never run out of creativity. There’s always something creepy or interesting loitering about in the grey matter between my ears. However, I usually find that an idea is sparked from a source of some form, be it a movie, book or even a personally experienced moment. If it intrigues you, it should probably be put down in words…

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

No, but sometimes I suffer from “writer’s lethargy”, which is just me being lazy. I suppose it’s easy for me to let a story hang because I know what’s going to happen. If I wasn’t writing for people, I’d leave the story alone and pursue other leisurely activities like sleeping or flicking through inane channels I don’t even like on the tv. When this happens I force myself to write, to just plod on, and it’s usually during these bouts that the characters surprise me as sometimes they have their own inspiration for the story that I hadn’t picked up on before. So, simply put, just tuck your chin in and roll with the punches… 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

I’m not really an advice-giving kinda lass… I’m more of a personal mantra giver, imbued with subtle meanings bordering on hilarity. For instance, when my grade 7’s leave to go off to High School, I write in their farewell books, “Don’t poke badgers with spoons.” Occasionally I might remember a Shakespearean quote to throw in and, sadly, this confuses them even more.

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I want a ferret, but they are illegal here. 

How would you describe yourself?

I would love to say self-possessed, confident and witty billionaire with a flourishing personality, but that would be a lie. If you manage to find antonyms for all those adjectives (and one noun), then that is me. I’m about as interesting and engaging as a puddle of mud.

~~~~~~~

JUST VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! hehe :D