Growing up

They walked in a comfortable silence, his jacket hung over her slender frame and he stepped back as she stood overlooking the lake to take a photograph of her. She turned to look at him, taking off the coat and held it over her shoulder and smiling at him. He laughed, taking another photograph,

"Your arse looks insane," he told her and she shook her head,

"You're nothing but a lusty oik," she laughed, replacing the jacket and leaning against his chest as they started the walk back.

"Hop on," he smiled, "you're going slower and slower in those shoes and I'm not silly enough to tell you to take them off."

She pressed firm kisses against his neck as she jumped onto his back, "if you keep kissing me like that I'll either drop you or have sex with you right here," he groaned and she laughed,

"I'd rather the second... Let's just get back to the hotel hey muscles," she spoke quietly into his ear and he squeezed her thighs, the pair laughing as he began to jog towards the hotel.

She hugged her eldest daughter tightly, before stepping back as she watched as she hugged Jacob and then her sisters.

"I can't believe I'm not going to see you every day mum," Grace spoke quietly, and Connie hugged her again,

"Don't make me cry princess," she smiled, "you're going to be wonderful."

Grace leaned down and hugged first Maisie and then Simba, "you look after them old girl," she smiled, laughing as the dog barked and wagged her tail.

"Hey she's not that old Grace,"

"She's nine mum," Grace laughed,

"Right we will see you in a few weeks firecracker," Jacob smiled, before they all piled into the car.

Connie was quiet on the way home, and as the girls ran inside away from the rain, Jacob took her hand, smiling as Maisie rested her head on Connie's lap.

"She'll be okay, she's tough and clever like her mum,"

"I know," she smiled, "when did they get so grown up Jacob."

Connie smiled as she read her text, "thank you for helping me move in. I will miss you so much mum, I can't wait to see you all soon."

"You make me ever so proud Grace, you'll be competing against your dad for a job in no time. Have the best time. I love you."

Evie and Sophie cuddled into Connie that evening, "I thought you girls were going to the cinema?" She asked and they shook there head,

"We've rearranged to tomorrow, we thought we'd spend the evening with you while dad and Mia are at work."

Connie smiled, "thank you girls... Now how about we order some pizza?"

"Yes," they grinned, "nothing better than pizza."

"Right lets get these dogs out for a walk, then we can order."