Sadness

So I'm sorry these updates took so long, work (and life in general) has been mad and I didn't want to upload something rubbish! Hope your still enjoying this xx

"Connie..." Adam asked as she stood in the theatre, wincing as another searing pain shot through her stomach, "what's the matter,"

She exhaled, "stomach pain," she hissed, "it will pass..."

"Chloe... Get me another doctor and another nurse... You need to check her over,"

"I'm okay," she uttered, before the room started to spin and stumbled,

"Jesus," Adam uttered, "sit down..."

"Where do you need us?" A newer doctor asked and Adam just about managed to catch Connie as she fainted.

"We just need you to close... Thank you, can I get a stretcher here?"

Connie woke gripping her stomach tightly as she groaned, "Con... I need to examine you," he told her and she nodded,

"Okay... She's bleeding... Chloe I need you in theatre six for me now... Has anyone seen Jacob?"

"He's on patrol," she replied, "he should return this evening,"

"Do you want me to tell her?" Chloe asked and Adam shook his head, "no... I'll tell her... Will you sit with her until Jacob arrives?"

"Of course," Chloe uttered, her eyes filling with tears,

"Hey," Adam reassured, "they'll get through this,"

"I know... They'd have been amazing parents."

"How you feeling super doc?" He asked and she winced,

"Like I've been beaten up," she replied,

"I need to talk to you and I'm sorry Jacobs not back yet... I can wait until he is if.."

"I was pregnant wasn't I?" She asked and he nodded as he watched her eyes fill with tears.

"Did you know?" He asked and she shook her head,

"I felt different... I was going to do a test but I didn't get round to it... What happened Adam?"

"Your pregnancy was ectopic... You were four weeks... I was worried about your Fallopian tubes initially but we didn't have to remove them... I'm sorry Con... we've started you on methotrexate but that means you can't get pregnant for the next three months,"

She nodded, "thank you... For operating..."

He took her hand, "when the time is right you two will make amazing parents,"

Chloe entered as Adam hugged Connie before leaving the women to talk.

"I'm so sorry Connie," Chloe whispered, taking her hand before she kissed her cheek, "if you want I'll sit with you until Jacob gets here."

"Please," she admitted and closed her eyes as Chloe squeezed her hand.

"I only just heard what happened," he whispered the following morning as Chloe quietly left the room to talk to him, "how is she?"

"Adam told her yesterday, she slept throughout the night due to the pain relief... I'm so sorry Jacob..."

"Thank you for looking after her... I'm glad you were there when I wasn't."

She squeezed his forearm, before walking out as he entered the room.

He sat in the chair Chloe had been in previously, and placed his hand gently on her cheek,

"Jacob," she whispered, her eyes opening at his warm touch,

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you," he told her, his eyes filling with tears as she winced in pain, "how are you feeling?"

She couldn't stop the tears that fell from her eyes and he leaned forward, placing his arm gently under her shoulders as he pressed his lips against her cheek. She sobbed against him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, holding him to her.

He pulled away, leaning on the on one elbow, his free hand placed gently on her hair, his thumb stroking her forehead,

"We will get another chance," he told her softly and she nodded, "I hope so... I'm sorry," she told him,

"It isn't your fault sweet cheeks," he told her, "there's nothing you could have done to change things,"

"Can you get Adam for me Jacob?" She asked,

He nodded, pressing his lips against her forehead. When they returned, her face was pale and her skin clammy, "what's happened Con?" He asked and she Inhaled, "I can't breathe... I feel like there's something sitting on my chest,"

"Chloe I need a treatment dose of heparin now... Connie we're going to send you for an X-ray and a Doppler okay?"

Jacob took her hand, "can I go with her?"

Adam shook his head, "I promise we'll keep you informed."

Jacob nodded, before signing and sitting on the floor with his head back against the wall. Little less than an hour later she was bought back through and Adam placed the face mask on her face,

"Keep this on for a while Connie... You've got a PE... But we can treat it conservatively... You won't be able to fly for a few weeks so the two of you will stick with us for a bit longer,"

"Thank you," she breathed, "I wouldn't have wanted anyone else operating on me," she smiled,

"Get some sleep super doc."