Family of six

He came home from work to see Chloe sat in the shade with a nine month old sleepy Mia, to see Grace laughing as Connie chased her.

"You're so fast Grace," she laughed,

"She's so like you," Adam smiled, "you met anyone that can beat you yet?"

Connie smiled, "yes... Chloe," she admitted, "occasionally,"

Charlie sat beside Duffy and smiled as she looked at him,

"Of course I'll watch her, go and greet your husband," he smiled.

She jogged over and took his hand, leading him inside and taking off his jacket. She placed her hands on his chest and kissed his mouth, laughing against him as he spun her around.

"Go and get changed, Sam and his girlfriend are coming over and I think Iain and Lily and a couple of the others are too," she smiled, opening the kitchen fridge and pouring him a beer as he jogged up the stairs.

He appeared almost as quickly as he'd left and he wrapped his arms around her, "how was work?" She asked as they laughed as they watched Duffy continue to chase Grace as Charlie held Mia to his chest.

"Today was a good day," he admitted, "but my favourite part of the day is coming back to you three girls," he admitted,

"How would you feel if I came back part time?" She asked, "I miss it... And we could get a part time nanny..."

He nodded, "I know how much you love work, and you are far too good not to practise,"

She nodded, "I just don't want the girls to suffer... I don't want to miss out on their lives,"

"We won't... I promise," he told her and she smiled as he kissed her neck gently, "I can't believe our family is so beautiful Connie..."

She exhaled, placing his hands over her stomach, "I think I'm pregnant again Jacob,"

He laughed, scooping her up and spinning her around, "my test was positive... I have a GP appointment tomorrow,"

He kissed her, "a third baby?"

"I think so... I'm two months late," she admitted and he laughed, "that's was fast,"

"I never went back on the pill remember," she reminded him and he smiled, "I'll see if Robyn can cover my shift tomorrow."

Chloe handed Connie a glass of wine and raised her eyebrow when she declined, "does this mean I'm going to have a third god child?" She asked and Connie smiled, as Chloe squealed and hugged her.

"I did a pregnancy test... It was positive... I have an appointment tomorrow."

"You two don't mess about," she smiled and Connie laughed, "come on."

Jacob and Chloe cleaned up as Connie slept soundly against Mike. His arm was gently around her shoulders and Jacob smiled.

"Wish me luck carrying her to bed,"

Mike smiled, "you've some woman there," he told Jacob, who nodded,

"You're not wrong."

They both sat open mouthed as the scanning midwife went to find a colleague.

"We may need to move house," she uttered,

"Blimey Connie... Four children?" He asked and she exhaled,

"This is a lot to take in," she admitted, the pair looking up to see the second scanning midwife smile,

"Congratulations... Twins," she smiled and Connie smiled as Jacob took her hand and squeezed it,

"12 weeks Connie... So that will take your grand total to..."

"Four," Jacob uttered, a smile on his handsome face.

They sat outside the hospital and she cuddled into him, "you think we can do this Jacob? Four children under five?"

He moved her deftly so she sat on his lap, placing a hand on her ever flat stomach, "I believe you can do anything... And with you by my side... So can I..."

"I can't believe we're having twins Jacob," she uttered, "I'm going to get so fat."

He laughed, "I doubt that very much."

"Will you still love me when I'm fat?" She asked and he pushed her hair behind her ears,

"You won't be fat Connie... But I'll always love you... You know that."