Family life

She got into a taxi wearing a black dress that she hadn't work since before Grace was born. She exhaled when she saw him, he made her heart skip, more than any man had ever done before.

When the taxi pulled up at a beautiful, lit up, castle on the outskirts of Holby she smiled. He stood in a suit, a handsome smile on his face. She had chosen not to bring her crutches with her and exhaled at the stones beneath her heeled feet. He sensed her apprehension and met her quickly, taking both of her hands and kissing her mouth.

"You look insane... I wish I'd just taken you to bed," he admitted and she smiled,

"The scars on my leg?" She asked and he shrugged, "babe I can hardly see them,"

She smiled, "sorry..."

"What for?"

"You have a prosthetic leg and I'm moaning about scars..."

"You are so beautiful Connie... Your scars show your bravery,"

"You said that when I was training,"

He kissed her temple softly, "I meant it then, and even more now."

He slipped his hand into hers and she smiled as he lead her around the beautiful castle,

"I was thinking..." He begun and she noticed how all of a sudden he looked nervous,

"What is it?" She asked gently, placing her hand on his face and running her thumb over his skin,

"What do you think about getting married here... It's beautiful and not too far from home and..." He rolled his eyes, "I just can't get the image of you looking like a princess in this beautiful place out of my head,"

She nodded, "I'd love too Corp," she told him gently, "I can't wait to marry you,"

"Come... We have a reservation..."

As the waiter poured the wine she smiled at him, "I definitely won't get over that gravel car park after I drink this,"

"I'll carry you," he offered and she squeezed his hand.

They drunk and ate late into the night and she curled into him in the taxi. As they reached their house he offered to make them tea, walking up the stairs and smiling as he saw her fast asleep on top of the covers. Although she looked and felt better, her leg was still healing and although she didn't vocalise it he knew she was still tired.

He took a cover from the spare room, undressing before covering her up with it. He slipped into the bed beside her turning to switch off the bedside light, smiling as she curled into him and wrapped her arms around his back. "I love you so very much Corp," she whispered and he smiled, taking her hands and holding them, "I love you sweetcheeks."

He groaned as he woke up to her feel her warm mouth around him, her hair was wavy and her eyes sparkled as she watched him wake up. He buried his hands gently in her hair and groaned again as she continued with her ministrations. He came quickly, he always did when she pleasured him like this. He ran his hands over his face before he pulled her to him,

"What a way to wake up," he panted, "I can never last when you do that to me,"

"I know you wanted last night to be romantic... And I fell asleep," she admitted gently, "sorry about that."

He leaned over her, pushing up her t shirt and kissing her flat stomach, "I don't mind... We have the rest of our lives."

He woke a few days later to find Connie no longer in bed beside him. He found her stood outside feeding Grace porridge, wearing her silk dressing gown.

"Morning my beautiful girls," he smiled, wrapping his arms around Connie as she leaned against him.

"Morning muscles," she smiled turning slightly so she cuddled into him,

"How did she sleep? I didn't hear her,"

"Like an angel," she smiled, "I hate it when you leave us to go to work,"

He ran his hand across her cheek, running his thumb gently across her skin, "I'd much rather be off with you two. That's for sure."

"We miss daddy all day don't we Gracie," she smiled, watching how their daughter smiled up at them.

"Daddy," she grinned, clapping her hands and Connie kissed her daughter gently,

"You're so good with her," he told her, "not that I ever thought you'd wouldn't be,"

She pressed her lips against Graces forehead, "I knew I'd love her... But I didn't think I'd love her this much," she admitted.

"She's just as besotted with you as you are with her," he smiled kindly and leaned up and kissed him, "and we're both besotted with you Corp... I always have been."

He ran his hand through her hair, "when did we get so lucky hey?"

She rolled her eyes, before leaning back into him fondly.

She exhaled as she looked at herself in the wedding dress. The dress was beautiful and she smiled at the thought of Jacobs face when he saw her in it. The man had continued to surprise her and had planned most of the wedding with a small amount of input from her.

"Hi sweetcheeks," he smiled as she answered the phone, "where are you?"

"I'm with Jade and Jac... Trying on a wedding dress," she smiled. He leaned back against the kitchen wall, "we're really doing this aren't we?" He asked, "I can't wait to see you... You're going to be the most beautiful bride,"

"You're so wonderful," she told him, "we're heading for lunch... Shall I swing by with Grace on the way back?"

"Meet me at home," he told her, "I'll be done here before you come by... We can take Grace out for a walk..."

She smiled as she saw him fast asleep on the sofa, a thin blanket over him. She placed a now walking Grace down, smiling as she made her way over to him and climbed up onto him.

"Hello baby," he smiled, "where's your mum?"

She appeared holding two cups of coffee, placing them on the table beside him. He took her hand and pulled her onto the sofa beside him.

"Hold on," she smiled, standing up and removing her clothes so she was more comfortable. "You coming swimming with us later?" She asked, "any excuse to see you in a swim suit sweet cheeks,"

She propped herself up on her elbow, "stop," she smiled. He ran his hand through her hair, "I can't help it that you're beautiful," he admitted and she blushed, "Idiot."