Getting there

She woke in the night as she heard him being sick in the bathroom. She scooped up and placed their sleeping daughters into bed before she got a glass of water and some anti sickness tablets and sat beside him. She ran the flannel under the cold tap and ran it gently over his face, before she handed him some water and tablets, "antisickness," she told him.

"When this is over, I'm going to take you somewhere where we can spend all day on the beach... No one else... Just us,"

"I might just hold you to that," she replied, running her hand over her stomach as the babies kicked her.

"But first, I need help off this floor."

He smiled, standing up and assisting her before they fell back into bed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, sitting beside his bedside as he turned towards her.

"Better now you're here," he smiled, placing a hand on her bump,

"They've grown over the last week haven't they?" He smiled, as she placed her hand over his and squeezed it,

"You saying I'm fat Masters?"

He rolled his eyes, "with legs like that, you'll never look fat," he smiled.

"You never answered my question... How are you?" She repeated and he shrugged,

"Just tired... And guilty... Because I've made you tired,"

She shook her head, "Mike and Chloe are here... They're taking the girls to the beach for the next few days so I can catch up on some house work and sleep."

"Wanna join me in here?"

"This stomach may not fit," she smiled and he held out his hand,

"Come on," she fell asleep quickly, his hand ran through her hair as she slept and he pressed his lips to her forehead. He was still taken aback by just how much he loved this woman.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asked quietly and he shrugged, "sick," he admitted,

He thanked her as she administered anti-sickness medication and smiled.

"Your wife is very beautiful," she told him, and he nodded,

"Thank you," he smiled, "she's six months pregnant with twins and stronger than anyone I've met."

"You know what I miss most?" She asked him a few days later as they sat outside on the bench. She leaned into his chest before taking off her scarf and wrapping it around him.

"Sex?" He asked and she looked up and him and they both laughed. She kissed his mouth and it didn't matter how awful he felt, she always made him feel like himself again.

"Well obviously," she smiled, before she slipped her hand up his coat and under his t-shirt.

"I miss running with you," she admitted, "I miss running by your side, knowing that we'd probably end up in the shower together and every time it reminds me of training and then afghan,"

He smiled, "I know what you mean,"

"Just two more treatments left," she told him quietly, "I can't wait for you to feel like you again,"

He nodded, "you make me feel like me," he told her, "you always have."