Family support

He attempted to sit up and cursed as his headache and associated nausea kicked in.

"Your ICP is still coming down and it's too high to sit up... You know that,"

"Alright super doc, enough of that," he smiled as she ran her hand gently over the tattoo on his chest.

"Tell me something I haven't heard before," he told her and she continued moving her fingertips over his skin,

"Oh I think you've heard it all before Masters," she admitted,

And he smiled, "tell me..."

She sighed, running her free hand over her bump and crossed her legs.

"I caught Michael in our marital bed with another woman," she told him, "he told me it was the first time, but I probably knew it wasn't. For some reason I gave him another chance..." She ran her hand over her stomach and sighed, "I caught him again a few months later... I told him it was over and it was then I found out I was pregnant... I lost the baby... It must have been the stress and I threw myself into work."

He ran his hands over hers before taking her hand in his, "I started sleeping with Sam," she admitted, "he was kind and attentive and wanted far more than I could give... So that's when I left... That's when I met you and I..." She shrugged, "in that war zone, curled up with you, I finally felt like myself again." She smiled, "I made peace with Sam after one of our late night talks and I realised that although losing a baby was awful.. It meant I wasn't tied to Michael forever..." She leaned forward and ran her hand over his chest, "when I met you, the world was good again... I was good again... And I realised that I hadn't known what love was before I met you..."

He kissed her softly, "Michael was a fool," he told her firmly, "he was a fool to cheat on you... And a fool to let you go... He didn't deserve you,"

She nodded, "I think I finally realise that."

She watched as his eyes closed and she smiled, "you look good pregnant Mrs. Masters,"

She rolled her eyes, "go to sleep."

She watched as he crawled into their bed a few days later. He'd persuaded them to let him come home, and Connie had taken sometime of work to make sure he didn't over do things.

She cuddled Mia to her chest, their second daughter was now almost two, Grace four. "You're almost too big to lift baby,"

"Mum, can I go and cuddle daddy?" Grace asked and Connie nodded,

"Be nice and quiet remember, he's still tired and sore."

"I promise," she smiled and Connie kissed her hair, "good girl... Now go and see your dad and I'll make us all some tea and hot chocolate."

Connie entered the room and smiled as she sat Jacob sat up, the sheets over his waist and Grace cuddled into him,

"I was really careful and quiet," Grace smiled,

"You're a good girl Gracie," Connie smiled, handing a sleepy Mia to Jacob, "give your daddy a nice cuddle Mia," she smiled and Jacob watched as she stripped off her clothes to her underwear and got in beside them.

She leaned carefully against him as he placed his am around her, "my beautiful wife," he whispered against her hair and she placed a gentle hand on Mias back,

He kissed Graces head, "can we watch a film in your bed mummy, please?" Grace asked and Connie looked at Jacob who nodded,

"Go on then,"

"I'm sorry," he told her as Grace disappeared to find a DVD, "what for?" She asked, kissing his lips as he kissed her again.

"You're pregnant with twins and you're looking after our two girls and me... I'm meant to protect you,"

"Don't be silly... I'd do this and more if it meant you recovered fully," she admitted, "you can protect us when you're well again... I'm perfectly capable you know,"

He laughed, "oh I'm all too aware of that Con."

Grace snuggled beside Connie and placed her hand on her stomach, "hello more sisters," she smiled, kissing Connie's skin as Connie ran her hand through her hair.

"Does she know something we don't?" Jacob smiled and Connie rested her head against his chest,

"It seems that way," she yawned.