Change of career

"Jacob... That limb needs servicing," she told him and he rolled his eyes, "it's fine,"

She raised an eyebrow, "I don't believe you,"

"Well I can't service it out here and we go back soon," he replied and she bit her lip,

"Fine," she replied and as couldn't help but smile as he pulled her into his chest,

"Jacob, you're so sweaty," she groaned and he kissed her mouth as she tried to bat him away, "and you're covered in dust,"

She laughed loudly as he lifted her up, pushing her firmly against a wooden pole and kissing her over and over again.

"Connie, we need you," she heard Chloe shout and he groaned,

"I need you more," he uttered, placing her down and smirking as she fixed her hair.

She took his hand and pulled him back to her, "soon we'll have privacy to do this whenever we want," she smiled, her lips meeting his before she left him in search of Chloe.

"So... I've got my old job back," she told him a few weeks later, "I thought I'd push back the start date so we could spend sometime together first... Maybe go away somewhere..."

He lay stretched out on his bed looking up at her, his hands behind his head,

"Stop looking at me like that I have to start this shift in half an hour,"

"Come and lay with me for ten minutes," he asked and she rolled her eyes before doing as he asked. He moved one of his arms so it fell around her shoulders and smiled,

"Where do you want to go on holiday?" He asked and she shrugged,

"Somewhere where we can lay in the sun by a pool for a week out of the way of everyone else,"

"My sister has a place in Italy... We could go there... It's private and there's plenty to do if we get bored,"

She nodded, "sounds perfect."

She leaned over him and pressed her lips against his, "get some sleep Corp, I'll see you later."

He took her hand and pulled her into him, she smiled as he kissed her lips and then her forehead firmly, "be good, super doc."

"What are you thinking about?" She asked him a few evening later as he sat alone at dinner. He pulled her onto his lap and pushed her hair behind her ears, "I was thinking about whether now is a good time for a change of career?" He admitted and she wrapped her arms around his neck,

"What do you want to do?" She asked and he ran his hand through her hair,

"I've always wanted to be a nurse," he admitted and she nodded, "there's an 18 month course not far from Holby..."

"You'll make a great nurse," she told him honestly, "now is the best time to do it... I think you should apply..."

"What about money though Con?" He asked her,

"Jacob, we've both saved enough from working out here and having nothing to spend it on.. And my mortgage is paid..."

"And if you get pregnant?" He asked and she shrugged,

"We can manage," she told him and he ran his hand through her hair,

"I just wish I could earn enough to provide for you,"

"Jacob... I don't need or want you to provide for me... Michael did just that, and despite all the material possessions I was never happy... Not really... Life is about more than money,"

"You're incredible... Has anyone ever told you that,"

"Oh you may have done once or twice," she smiled.