Brain surgery

She was quiet the next morning and when Charlie came over to pick up the girls, he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Connie,"

"I'm trying so hard to be strong for him, but I'm so scared," she admitted, "I don't know what's wrong with me... Usually I can ignore it when I feel like this... But with him... I can't... I'm being selfish..."

Jacob stepped through into the kitchen and Charlie shook his hand, "I'll look after your girls," he told him, as he nodded.

Connie looked down and Jacob took

her hands, "talk to me baby,"

"I'm sorry," she told him, "you're having this op, and I'm like this. I'm just so scared Jacob and I feel awful because you're going through this not me..."

"I'm scared too," he told her, pulling her so she sat onto his lap, "I've waited my whole life to live like this, to have a girl like you, to have our girls... But I've got this feeling that I'm going to be okay."

She kissed him, wrapping her arms around him, and he lifted her, lifting her skirt,

"I'm going to fuck you," he told her and she laughed as he removed her clothes in record time,

"And we're going to do this again and again and again throughout the rest of our lives,"

She held him closely as he moved within her, it didn't matter that they were in the kitchen, it didn't matter where they were as he moved within her she gasped. "I love you Jacob," she told him and he gently pushed her hair back from her face, "know that I love you too sweetcheeks."

She stood holding his hand as the anaesthetist spoke to him, she'd found her steely confidence and she leant down to kiss him. "I'll be here waiting," she told him, "I love and adore you."

"I love you more than anything," he told her, "don't stress, I have you to come back too, a man doesn't need anything else."

"Connie," Duffy nodded, handing her a cup of warm coffee and sitting beside her in the peace gardens.

"He's been in there six hours," she sighed and Duffy nodded, "I know, he'll be okay... He's strong."

She sat by his bedside, the operation had been a success but he was going to need subsequent radiotherapy once he's recovered from the surgery. Connie took his hand as he slept, dosed up with anaesthetic.

She fell into an uneasy sleep, only stirring as she felt his gentle hands in his hair.

"You should be in a proper bed sweet cheeks,"he told her and she smiled gently,

"That bed is cold without my husband... I'm fine here," she yawned,

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been in a war zone," he smiled and she rolled her eyes.

"How do I look?" He asked and she smiled,

"Like a surgeons taken a scalpel to your head."

He laughed, before she placed her hand on his face, "I still fancy you," she smiled and he took her hand and kissed it,

"Will you wriggle under these wires and join me in here?"

"I shouldn't," she begun and he squeezed her hand,

"Please..."

She smiled, slipping off her shoes, "I wish you could take off your clothes so I could feel your skin," he spoke quietly, his voice hoarse from the intubation,

She removed her jumper, revealing her thin strap top and slipped her hand up his chest as his slipped up the back of hers,

"That's all you're getting Masters,"

He ran his hand slightly downwards, running his fingers over the back of her lacy underwear,

"For now, I can deal with that," he smiled.

"Move your hand," she laughed as he did, moving it up under her top so it rested against her spine.

He fell asleep quickly, Connie not long after him and the Consultant smiled,

"A good woman is better than any morphine," he told his SHO, "we can come back and check on him later."