Competitive

Herself and Chloe rolled their eyes as they appeared in their wet suits and stood next to the other recruits. The men had wolf whistled and weren't particularly discrete about looking them up and down.

"Put your eyes back in your head," Connie uttered, "it's like you've never seen a woman before,"

Chloe caught the Corporals eye and shrugged, "shame you'll be behind us in this swimming test."

Connie looked at Chloe, "you alright?"

"I did a triathlon recently and the swim put me off open water swimming..."

Connie nodded, "hold your nerve, once we break away from the group we can take our time."

Connie stayed close to Chloe as they swum, the 5km swim felt long and arduous but they managed it and came in second and third. They pulled on their trainers and set off on the 10km run back to camp, before they were joined by two of the others.

"You know your arse looks great in that wetsuit," James teased, and Connie shook her head, "fuck off," Chloe uttered,

"Want to race this last part?" James suggested and Connie looked at Chloe before they sprinted off side by side.

"Jesus Christ," Tom uttered as he and James sat down seconds after Connie and Chloe.

"You lot need to realise you have five more weeks before you have a weekend off," The Corporal told them firmly, "stop racing when you don't need to race..."

Connie bit her lip as the other three nodded.

"Something to say Chase?" He asked and she shook her head,

"No Corp,"

"James... Stop suggesting races... Those women are whipping your arse every time,"

"I can only wish Corp," he smirked and the Corporal chose to shake his head and ignore his last comment.

On a rare afternoon off, he wandered down to the indoor pool, surprised to see Connie in the middle of swimming lengths. She had a powerful, front crawl that made it look like her fast pace was easy. He watched her as she got up, leaning over to get a float, before she swum quickly just using her legs. He pulled on his goggles and got into the water in the lane beside her, inwardly annoyed when he found that although he could match her pace, he was struggling to beat it.

"Didn't fancy the gym Chase?" Michael asked her, as he sat beside her at dinner.

"I'd rather train at a time when you lot aren't," she replied smartly, "and besides, the pools a good place to get away from all the noise."

"You hear that Corp?" Michael grinned, "she's avoiding us,"

"Well she can certainly swim faster than you can Mike," he replied as Connie rolled her eyes as he sat on the free seat beside her.

"I almost offered to race you myself super woman," he offered, "until I realised I may not win."

"Spoilsport," she smiled, "you're not scared of being beaten by a woman are you Corp?"

"Absolutely," he nodded, his eyes catching hers as she smiled up at him.