Emails and dinner

To: Connie.Chase

From: Jacob.Masters

Connie Chase,

A friend of mine has told me you've been posted over to Afghanistan, I hope you've managed to persuade some poor soul to feed your coffee habit. And I hope you haven't needed to use half the skills I've taught you.The new recruits are difficult to teach. We've lost half already. How are you finding it? What's it like? 

I hope you're safe, stay safe super doc.

Jacob x

To: Jacob.Masters

From: Connie.Chase

Good morning Corp,

Coffee out here is nowhere near how it tastes in the UK. I'm just about learning to like it.

I love the feel of the sun out here, especially in the morning. I love waking up early when everyone else is asleep and smelling the spices from the Afghanistan market.

The medicine here is unlike anything else. The amputations and wounds are unlike anything I've ever seen. I find myself thinking of you and how you trained me. When I run, I run that bit faster each time. When I shoot, I make sure I hit target. You were unlike any teacher I've ever had. Remember that. You can make those recruits better than they think they can be.

Connie x

To: Connie.Chase

From: Jacob.Masters

You can add writing to your list of talents. I like the way you write and your take on the world. You left your perfume here. On my desk. Did you do that on purpose? Was it to remind me of you Lara Croft?

Jacob x

To: Jacob.Masters

From: Connie.Chase

I didn't really know what I'd do out here with perfume. I thought you might like it. I guess I didn't really want you to forget me. I always find smells conjour up thoughts and memories.  Good and bad. I hope that perfume reminds you of good things. I succeeded because of your loud voice and constant badgering. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I miss having you to talk to when I can't sleep.

I fly home this evening to transport a soldier back to Selly Oak. I'll be home for three days.

Connie x

To: Connie.Chase

From: Jacob.Masters

I know how you feel, I miss sitting beside you when I couldn't sleep. If you're at a loose end while you're home, how about you come for dinner with me? I promise not to give you any orders.

Jacob x

She felt unusually nervous as she saw him stood at the modern bar, a beer in one hand as he checked his watch.

"Hi Corp," she smiled, kissing his cheek gently as he smiled at her,

"You should smile more you know," she told him, "It suits you,"

He took her hand gently as she stood closely to him, before he stepped closer and kissed her mouth, just the once. "Would you like a drink?"

"White wine spritzer please," she smiled, "I didn't think you drink,"

"We all have our vices Connie," he replied, his eyes running over her well dressed body, "You look beautiful,"

"It's amazing what a nice dress and a good shower can do isn't it," she smiled, raising an eyebrow. They sat opposite each other and found that conversation came quickly and easily, he struggled to take his eyes off her and she felt the same.  "It's half past twelve," he told her, standing up and holding out his hand, watching as she took it.

"You're taller than I remember," he told her as she stood close to him, her hand still in his,

"I'm wearing heels," she smiled, 

He raised his eyebrow, "When do you go back?"

"Tomorrow night," she replied, noticing how he couldn't keep her eyes off her lips as she bit them seductively, "This could be the last time we see each other,"

He tucked her hair behind her ear, "Jesus Connie, would it be inappropriate if I asked you to come home with me?"

She stepped that bit closer to him, tiptoeing up so her mouth was centimetres away from his, "Yes," she smirked,

"Would you say yes if I asked?"

"Yes," she replied, slipping her hands up his chest and around his neck,

"Come home with me, spend the night with me," he asked her, his deep voice making her feel weak at the knees,

"Let's go," she smiled, pressing her lips against his, before nipping his bottom lip and pulling it gently. She pulled away and he couldn't help the smile that spread across his face, "you look even better when you smile Corp," she teased before he guided her firmly into the taxi.