Reality

🙈🙈

She watched him take two pills and she shook her head, taking his hand and pulling him into her office.

"I've booked you a brain scan this afternoon," she told him, "you're never sick... You never get headaches and this is going on and on...I won't have you waiting for a routine scan."

He saw the concern across her face and he exhaled, "I'm just tired,"

She shook her head, "you know this many headaches aren't normal."

She sat beside him as they listened to the results of the scan. Their fears were unfortunately reality and she leaned into his chest, her free hand on her now expanding stomach. He had a benign rumour growing in his frontal lobe and before they knew it, he was signing a consent form for brain surgery.

Connie held his hand, "I need some air," she uttered, running quickly outside and vommiting as soon as the cool breeze hit her. Jacob stood behind her, his hand on her back as she threw up again.

She couldn't help the tears that coursed her cheeks and he handed her a tissue before he scooped her up and carried her to the nearest bench.

"Hey, hey... I'll be okay," he told her firmly, "for you and our girls... I'll make sure of it."

She leaned into his chest and he held her, "this isn't fair," she uttered and he kissed her hair,

"I've got you and our wonderful children to fight for... I'm not going anywhere,"

She lay on the bed with Mia on her chest asleep and Grace to her side. Jacob appeared from the bathroom and his face said it all,

"There's a theatre slot tomorrow," he told her and she nodded, gently moving Grace and lifting Mia back into her room. She took his hand, leading him into the spare room and pulling his t-shirt over his head,

"In that case were going to do this... All night... Because damn you if you forget any of us after the tumour removal," she told him firmly.

They made love until the early hours of the morning, what had begun that evening as lust had become more passionate and loving and she lay on his chest, her ear against his chest as she listened to his heart beat. He ran his hands through her hair, "you know, you're imprinted on my soul," he told her, "I will never forget you."

"I know you're worried that the surgery may mean I forget you and the girls but I couldn't... You are everything I ever dreamed about."