Manipulation?

I realize I have put myself on such a high pedestal without realizing another possibility.

"Freddie," I whisper to myself.

"What about Freddie?" Ralph's eyebrows nit together like a cartoon character, especially Goku in his Super Sayan forms.

"I don't understand why you're so fixated on him," I think about it and then continue with, "I'm sure his and my relationship is purely platonic up until now.

So, are you perhaps just jealous of a real and sincere friendship?"

Gray flinches a little but stays relatively quite. Ralph, on the other hand, begins to have a sudden realization but decides to stay true to his feelings for me.

"What do you mean by up until now?" He changes the topic. I am now on the defense again.

"We held hands," I mumble as I turn my head away.

"But haven't you guys been doing that until now?"

Before I could answer, the wealthy man, or Ralph's older brother, walks in. He takes one looks at the situation and says to me, "Welcome to the family drama, brother-in-law."

He then goes to Gray and comments, "I didn't know Jack have a son."

"Jack don't but I do," Gray smiles. "What's your name?"

"Oh my," he rolls his eyes, "How rude of me? We're practically family now. I'm Ryleigh."

"Get out of my room! Stupid Ray!" Ralph screams at his brother.

"Ouch, you can really shout," Ray rubs his ears, "I just came to tell you that I kicked your friends out of the house since you're not watching over them. Dad and I didn't want the house to be torn down by horny and high teenagers."

"Yeah. I don't care," Ralph refocus his attention back at me. "Can I have some time alone with Gabe?"

"Absolutely not," Gray have a condescending smile on his face. "You almost raped my son if I didn't walk in."

"I promise-"

"But look at the ring?" Ray tries to help his brother, "I'm sure-even though it's on the wrong hand-Little Ray will be good to Gabby.

Why don't I show you around the house?" Ray winks at his brother and offer Gray a smile.

"I don't think so," Gray looks at me. It makes me nervous, but it helps me decide.

"It's okay Gray. If anything happens I'll scream for you," my words give him closure and he agrees to look around the house-I mean maison, with Ray.

When they left, Ralph says to me, "You have been using the wrong pronouns for Ray because she's my sister."

My eyes widen as I try to recall how Ray looks like, "Oh lord. I'm such a rude person. I need to apologize when I see her again."

"Anyhow, Freddie," Ralph starts again.

"What about Freddie?" I smile trying to remind Ralph that he's probably just jealous of the platonic relationship.

"If it purely platonic, then why do you guys always hold hands? And why is your recent hand holding different from all those precious ones?"

"Oh, that," I pause to think of something smart or remember what my answer was. "Um, because I think his and my feelings are mutual now."

"Then what about me and you?" He sits beside me.

"My point exactly," I pat him on the shoulder, "but we can be friends. Very good friends."

"But I don't want that!" He covers his face with his hands.

After a long time of silence, in my calculations, I say to Ralph as I pull the ring off, "Here's your ring back."

He pushes the ring back in, "It belongs to you. It embodies all my feelings for you. You have already rejected me, at least pretend that you loved me so I can let go.

It's my fault for not being perfect enough and being your friend much earlier," Ralph gets up and walks to his desk with the odd-looking laptop.

I open my mouth to comfort the man, but he says to me in a weak and hurt voice, "Please leave because I quit."

My heart shrinks and my throat ties into a knot. My legs are paralyzed. My eyes that open without blinking form salty tears. I am angry and sad.

Angry because he gave up so easily and sad because he gave up so easily. But mostly because my gay self thinks that this is the pinnacle of my gay romance life yet it ends so rapidly.

Just kidding. I don't know why. Perhaps, I want attention.

"Ralph!" The only thing I could make out as I boil up on the inside endlessly and wastefully.

He turns around to see me situation and for a spilt second, I think I see a smirk if victory on the man's lips, but I can't be sure.

Ralph walks to be very majestically and embraces me in his arms. He demands, "Freddie or me?"

Thank the lord that Wattpad and you guys exist Bc this frfr helped me through my Dec 1st/14th and 15th depression 🙃 Still a little sad that I wasn't able to apply to all the scholarships I needed to or get accepted to the schools I wanted.

"Eh, you win some, you lose some." Nope, that saying is wrong because I WANT everything. And this actually helped me think of an idea for another book.

Ahah, Idek what my goals are anymore 😢

Thank you for reading, voting, and adding it to your reading lists!! ❤️❤️