Birthday Boy

"Gabe, let's go home," Gray waves at me from the table in front of the windows.

"See you tomorrow? I'll come pick you up?" Freddie offers. I smile and nod at him.

When Gray and I got to his car, there's a phone call waiting for him. He drives as he talk with his manager-I presume.

"No, my son just got discharged from the hospital. I will be canceling today's...yes, I do understand...no, I still do...yes, I do have a son...I'm agreeing with you, but I simply can't...no."

I tap on Gray's forearm and he turns toward me, "It's okay."

He nods and asks me, "Do you want to come to a birthday party with me?"

"Sure," I laugh, "the only ones I went to is the Ferns-Turners."

Gray nods again and says, "Can my son come with me?...Okay, thank you, we'll be there in about 30 minutes...yes...yes, I understand. Thank you, bye," Gray smiles at me.

"Let's celebrate your next birthday with a giant party, huh? What do you say?"

I blush and reply, "It's okay. I don't need a big one. One with you and the Ferns-Turners will be fantastic for me."

"Not a big one but is a giant one's fine?"

I laugh, "No, I only want a small one."

"Okay, a small one it is," Gray chuckles. We drive in silent for a while then I start thinking about dad and SSRP.

"So, how did you and dad meet?"

"Antonio Garfield?" I nod and so he continues with, "Well, I was a broke actor at the time and Andy have always been well off. My young and naive self thought it was okay to have an affair with the married man for better roles.

I did end up with better roles but I didn't know I'll be having a child along the way. Especially since we were both men."

"So why did I have your last name instead of his?" I am very curious.

"Andy was too lazy and greedy to change it. His family also didn't want to change your last name to be part of theirs because then you can inherit," Gray takes a heavy breath out.

"If you can't, you don't have to."

"It's alright. You deserve the right to know. In addition to inheriting, with the Garfield last name, you would be guaranteed a seat at their Company's inner circle once you turn 23. That was the main reason why, their inner circle make all the decisions and everyone there share the same amount of annual profits."

I am speechless. I don't know how I should feel and I don't want to know anymore about the Garfields.

To make sure Gray know I was happy with his last name, I say, "I didn't want their kind of money anyway."

Gray looks confused but luckily, we reach our destination-the birthday party.

It is in a richer part of town called Little Olive. Freddie's father lives in Little Olive as well.

"Who birthday is it?" I ask as Gray parks the car.

"I don't even know," he laughs, "I don't even know how I'm famous among 18 year olds."

Someone from the giant maison comes out and says, "Thank you for coming, Gray Rosemary."

"The pleasure is all mine. I hope it's okay that my son came with me," Gray reaches out a hand to shake the butler or a guard?

"Of course. The party have just started, please come in," the man gestures us to the maison.

It is loud and very crowded. I feel uneasy. Still, I walk beside Gray with my shoulders rolled back.

A very wealthy looking man says, "Talk to my father before seeing my brother's party."

"Where might your father be?" Gray asks.

"Oh, my bad. He's over there," the man points to a normal guy who could be found on the sidewalk.

We walk to him and Gray greets, "Good afternoon."

He looks at Gray in surprise, "Oh lord. May I shake our hand?"

"My pleasure," Gray shakes the man's hand.

"Please sit," he gestures to the empty seats all around him.

"Ah, we're going to see the birthday person. I'll be sure to talk after the party or whenever I have free time," Gray smiles and takes us to the party.

"See you around, Jack!" The man salut Gray with a bow, hand covering top of his head, and the other hand raising high into the air.

"Jack?" I whisper to Gray.

"It's a character I played. The show have a small following," his words are kind of broken and emphasized to show the understatement.

"Oh, what's it about?"

"You don't know?" Gray stops.

"No, I haven't seen TV unless it's at Freddie's house," I avert my eyes to hide my shame.

"Well, it's only the best show out there. Let's benge watch it after this," he wraps his arm around my shoulders and smile brilliantly.

The rest is normal or extraordinary normal until I see Ralph at the center of attention with a crown.

As if we are in a k-drama, we instantly have eyes contact. Everything seems to stop and sweet, gently music plays in the back with a choir booming endlessly.

Omg, I'm so tired. I wrote this when I have an Math IA due the next day 😝 and the best part is...I started on it.

Next, a scene with Fred and Dan interacting will happen really soon. I can't promise anything yet, but one thing I'm sure of is explaining why they're not really together and the baby.

Anyhow, Thank you for reading, voting, and adding it to your reading lists!! ❤️❤️