Revelations

We had set up a camp in the middle of a grassy plain. Once the camp was set up, we had gathered everyone up to have a talk about the situation. Casca stood in front of the group, looking towards us while Guts sat a little bit behind her. Judeau leaned against a rock and stared at ground while Pippin sat with his arms crossed. I simply laid on the ground, watching the clouds pass by. For a while, we all sat in silence, since no one really wanted to break the silence. Although Corkus soon took a couple steps forward and looked to us.

Corkus: Come on...what that giant monster said isn't true. It must've been some sort of magic that he used to make Griffith look like that.

Judeau: No...it's real. He won't ever wield a sword or give a command again.

I slowly sat up and looked to Corkus, who was staring at Judeau before laughing a bit and walking forward.

Corkus: No way. All that time in the tower must've made his throat dry. Y/N, gimme a drink, I'll personally give it to Griffith.

He looks towards me and smiles a bit, his eyes showing a hint of denial. He stared at me for a while before looking towards Casca, who was now trembling a bit. He slowly looked to the ground before gripping his hair and looking at the sky.

Corkus: AHHH!!! What the hell is this?!! Weren't we supposed to do this?! Griffith's back...but we still can't do this...? I still can't understand why he's a criminal. We spent a year crawling through the forest like bugs...more than half of our friends were killed. But despite it all...we believed that Griffith would come back to us...return to this...

He then unsheathed his blade and raise it up high before bringing it down on a rock, shattering his blade into pieces. He fell to his knees and dropped the blade before laughing a bit, tears streaming down his face.

Corkus: So it's true....what everyone said. This is...all of this... it's already...

I grip onto my grass and grit my teeth. I look to the others to see how they're taking it, only to see that they're taking it just as well as I am. Judeau looks to ground and runs his hand through his hair.

Corkus: It's already...

I look towards Pippin and watch as he looks to the sky while biting the bottom of his lip. He trembled a bit as he gripped onto his arms. Everyone else was now crying or simply on their knees, looking off in the distance as if finally realizing what Corkus was saying.

Corkus: It's already over...

After that, no one said a word. The only thing that spoke to us was the wind, which announced that we had fought our last battle. Some of our boys moved forward and looked towards Casca.

Soldier: So..now what? This can't be the end of the Hawks...we have commander Casca.

Judeau: We were the Hawks because of Griffith. Everyone should understand that...especially those who stayed here. But...for a whole year, she managed to do the impossible.

Y/N: Come on Judeau...stop with the nonsense...

Soldier: But...we...

Soon Guts rose to his feet and took a couple steps towards us before stopping when Casca held her arm out.

Casca: Please...give me some time to think about this. We still have time for our separate forces to come together...so give me some time to think until then.

With that, she turned around and walked off. We all watched as she made her way to the carriages, with Guts following close behind. I sighed and rose to my feet and stretched before running my hands through my hair.