One Last Obstacle

By the time we had made out way out of the passageway, it was already dawn. We ran away from the cemetery and had made our way towards a small home that had agreed to help us once we had rescued Griffith. We had brought Griffith inside of the home and dressed him in plain clothing and had given him some boots. I helped carry him onto a cart that would be used to transport Griffith back to the main force. I turned to face the family that had agreed to help us and smiled a bit.

Y/N: Thanks for everything you've done for us. But are you sure that it's okay that we take your horses too?

Homeowner: No, it's okay. You people are the heros of the nation, we are indebted to you and the rest of the Hawks. The honor is ours.

Soon a fairly young woman came shyly shuffled over to us, a bouquet of flowers in her hands. She looked over to Griffith and smiled warmly.

Young woman: I believe that what was said at the castle was wrong. The Hawks would never try to attempt a coup to grab power, I believe only you. 

Y/N: Is that what they told you people? Well, it makes sense, I suppose. 

The young woman nods before walking over to Griffith and handing the flowers over to him. I smile and look towards the others, watching as everyone gave the young girl a smile. I then hopped onto one of the horses and trotted a bit forward before looking back.

Judeau: It would be best if you didn't talk about this to anyone. It might put you all in danger. Casca, you go ahead and ride in the cart with Griffith, make sure that he doesn't fall.

Casca nodded and climbed into the cart with Griffith, a sad look on her face upon looking to Griffith. I stared at her for a while before sighing and urging the horse forward. We began to ride away from the home as fast as possible, all of us slowly looking back to the capital of Midland.

Judeau: That's the last time we'll see it...that city...

Y/N: When you really think about it...a lot has happened...and now it seems so far away.

After a while of riding, I looked back and saw some figures heading towards us, some strange objects being held up high in the air. I growled and unsheathed my blade.

Y/N: Pursuit!!! I can see...wait...those are...

I watched as the pursuers rode closer to us, revealing what the objects that were being held up were. I gasped and looked at the dismembered. mutilated, and naked corpses of the people that had helped us not too long ago. I growled and gripped onto my blade, my eyes locked on the corpse of the young woman that had given Griffith the flowers. I looked down to see who was holding the body up, only to see a man with a rather elongated face. His boots and gauntlets had fur covering them, with a wolf pelt covering his helmet and back. 

Y/N: No...he's here...?

Guts: What is it?!

Judeau: It's the Black Dog Knights! They're an army made up of Midland's worst criminals...they're actions were so atrocious during the war that the king had exiled the army into a remote region. I understand that the king doesn't want Griffith to escape...but to send these men after us? That's insane...he must really want him back.

Y/N: And their actions...they...

I growled and looked back towards the army of criminals, sadistic smiles spread across their faces as they waved the impales corpses around in the air.

Casca: They what...?

Y/N: They rape all women...regardless of age. They butcher, burn, or have the children fed to dogs...the men are lucky...they're killed outright...