The Hundred Man Slayer

I paced around the cave, looking for some food before hearing some footsteps. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around, still listening to the footsteps. I looked around a tree and saw some men walking around, none of them looked like they were from Midland or the Hawks.

Y/N: God damn it...it's a search party, but not the kind that we want.

I crouch down behind some bushes and try my best to get back to the cave without making a noise. After crawling for a while, I reached the cave. I looked inside to see Casca resting her forehead against Guts' chest, in tears. 

Casca: Why...why must it be you...? 

I rub the back of my neck before finally getting their attention.

Y/N: Hate to break this up, and you can catch me up on things later, but there's some fellas out there looking for us. And no, they're not friendly.

Guts grabbed me and quickly pulled me into the cave before pushing Casca down to the floor, his hand keeping her head low. We all peek out of the cave to see three men talking amongst themselves.

Mercenary: You sure they're over here? They're probably dead from falling that high.

Bounty hunter: Doesn't matter, General Adon promised a handsome reward for those two, dead or alive.

Y/N: That piece of shit is still alive...? Maybe Guts should've aimed a little better and taken off his head entirely...

Mercenary: Let's look down the river. Maybe the current washed their bodies somewhere further down.

The other two men agreed and walked off. We sat in silence for a little longer before we all sat up and looked towards one another. Guts then reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bag and handed it to Casca.

Guts: Take it.

Casca: What is it?

Guts: Medicine. We can't stay here any longer, so we'll have to leave once it's dark.

Y/N: But...Casca isn't necessarily in the best health to be moving around for long distances.

Guts: Well we don't really have a choice. We risk getting caught if we stay here any longer. 

He then looked to Casca and pointed at the medicine.

Guts: That's why you're gonna take that medicine. It'll help you for a while.

Casca stared at him and sighed before placing the medicine to the side.

Casca: I'll take it a while before we leave. For now, get ready to move out.

I smile and nod before I grab my equipment and start to put it on. Guts helps me put on my chestplate and I help him do the same, soon helping Casca as well. I made sure we got everything before looking towards the two.

Y/N: Alright, whenever you're ready.

~Later that night~

I walked behind Guts and Casca, looking around the dense forest. I soon stared at Casca, listening to her breathe heavily and move slowly. We made some good distance away from the cave, only problem was that we had no idea where we were going. After a while, Casca fell to her knees, breathing heavily.

Y/N: Wait a minute Guts.

He stopped and turned around, staring at Casca before sighing.

Guts: You know what they say, women are trouble and you know it's true. Run out of stamina and easily irritated, especially during that time of month.