Rescue Mission

~A couple days later~

I walked through a cemetery with the main fighters of the Hawks. I looked around the area, trying to see through the dark of night. Soon I felt something slam into my back, causing me to go stiff and yelp. I turn around to see Guts smiling, his hand placed in the center of my back.

Guts: Y/N, it's good to see ya.

Y/N: The same goes for you...uh...did you break my back just now?

Guts: I gave you a pat on the back.

Y/N: Well try to control that strength of yours.

We both chuckle before looking back around.

Guts: So, why the hell are we out here? You wanna visit a dead relative or something?

Judeau: Actually...there's a secret passage around here. The informant told us that we can safely enter the city if we take the passage.

I shrug a bit and continue to walk with the others. After a while, Casca, who had been leading the group with a lantern, came to a stop and inspected a tombstone.

Cacsa: This is it...Pippin, if you would.

Pippin took a couple steps forward and grabbed the marker. He pushed on it for a while before he knocked it over, revealing a large hole in the ground. I look down the hole and sigh before looking to the others.

Y/N: So, who's gonna be the first to go?

Casca: I will.

Guts then suddenly took a couple steps forward and looked towards Casca.

Guts: Wait a minute. I think it's kinda stupid for the commander to go. Judeau, Pippin, and Y/N can go in, but the commander should stay here.

Casca: It can't be helped. We're the best fighters in the Band of the Hawk...with this team, we have a better chance at rescuing Griffith.

Guts: But-

Cacsa then pressed her chest against Guts, looking him dead in the eyes. I raise an eyebrow and turn to the others, who also look taken back by the whole thing.

Casca: Worried are we?

Guts: Of course not! My sword skills are better than those three combined!

I rub the back of my neck and look towards the two, who kinda look mildly offended.

Casca: We're soldiers right now. Leave any personal feelings out of this and obey your superior's commands. The least I can do is watch your back...so don't forget.

The three of us start to snicker at her last comment made towards Guts, which prompted him to turn towards us and glare. After a while, we compose ourselves and all hop down into the hole, which dropped us into a dark passageway.

Casca: Let's go.

We all began to run down the passage, the only sounds that echoed through the narrow passage was the water splashing underneath our feet. I run a bit faster, passing Casca up, which proved to be a mistake. My foot crashed into something, which made me fall forward and hit the corner of something hard. I groaned and slowly stood up as Casca came running up with the lantern, revealing some stone steps in front of me. Everyone soon caught up and looked to me before looking at the stairs. I hear some more snickering coming from everyone, causing my to snarl and walk to the back of  the group.

Casca: Well, it appears that Y/N found the way out.

I nod slowly and rub my forehead before Pippin moves past us. He goes up the stairs and starts pushing against the top, slowly moving a stone slab to the side. Once he set the slab aside, he climbed out in the open and helped the rest of us out. I took the lantern from Casca and held it up, revealing that we were inside of a mausoleum. I hand the lantern back to Casca and take a couple steps forward before seeing another light heading towards us.