Merely a Dream

~A couple days later~

I opened my eyes and sat up from my bed. I looked out of the window and looked out into the streets of the capital. I rubbed my eyes and yawned a bit before I got out of bed and put my boots on. I walk out of the room and make my way outside, the air not as cold as before. The people look to me and smile as they say 'good morning.' I walk into a small building and take a seat at a table and sigh a bit, asking for a regular meal and a cup of water. I stare at the table and sigh a bit before I hear someone take a seat in front of me. I look up and see Judeau, who is smiling a bit.

Judeau: I had a feeling you'd be here.

Y/N: What gave you that feeling...?

Judeau: Well, you've been avoiding the pub and I've seen you come in here a couple times.

I nod slowly and look out the window, watching people go by.

Judeau: You still thinking about it?

Y/N: It's not right Judeau...I know that Griffith thought highly of Guts...but he hasn't been himself ever since that fight.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. He looked to the side and then back at me.

Judeau: I understand that you're worried for him, trust me, we all are. But I think that he'll get over it and go back to the way he was before.

Y/N: Can you promise me that...?

He raised an eyebrow and shook his head. The waitress came back and set my food on the table. I grabbed my fork and began eating, the both of us just sitting in silence. 

Judeau: So, you like Casca?

I quickly looked up and swallowed my food, soon getting a coughing fit afterwards. He smiled brightly as he waited for me to regain my composure. I breathe heavily and glare at him.

Y/N: What the hell...is wrong with you?

Judeau: What do you mean?

Y/N: You can't ask a question like that!!!

He shrugs and winks.

Judeau: The harm's been done. Now come on, answer my question. Your answer last time only made me even more curious!

I sigh and roll my eyes before I move my plate to the side. I take a sip of my water and stare at him.

Y/N: Why would you want to know?

Judeau: Again, you made me curious.

Y/N: Fine...I'll tell you.

He smiled brightly and leaned in, giggling a bit. I close my eyes and grip onto my cup of water before thrusting the cup forward, sending the water into his face. He quickly pulled back and wiped his face before he looked at me, his hair dripping wet.

Judeau: A simple 'no' would've been better.

I smirk before I stand up and set a couple coins down on the table. I walk out of the small place and head back to the quarters, waving to the people who are still greeting me. I walk into the sleeping quarters and go into my room, closing the door behind me. The moment I close the door, an ominous feeling starts to fill the room.

Y/N: What the hell...? Someone...no...something is in here with me.

I grip the door handle, my entire body frozen in place. I hear a voice behind me; it was raspy but sounded as if it had an echo or had multiple voices repeated whatever it said.