I still couldn't believe the nerve he had, telling me off for my clothing! He had no right to do so.

I continued to go to my classes, not once hearing or seeing from Xavier. It looked like everything was going back to normal. However, I didn't want to admit to myself that there was a small bit of disappointment that he didn't try. But then again, Xavier wasn't like that. He never chased something or someone, especially a girl; he was too prideful for that.

I should have expected it; I don't know why I thought I would be different. I felt like every girl that had their heart broken -- now I know how they felt: broken and depressed.

I suck in a breath as I go to the lunch hall. I'm going to move on from all of that and get on with my life.

I smile as I see Cora and Ren bickering again. I will admit that 85% of the time, they were arguing about something stupid. For example, today they were arguing about whether Kourtney Kardashian was pregnant or not.

"But she so is!" Ren drawled out, turning the page on her magazine to find proof.

Cora rolled her eyes. "She's not; it's just a publicity stunt."

Ren was about to deny it but I cut her off.

"Seriously guys? Nobody cares."

Ren opened her mouth but quickly shut it when I send her a glare. Cora playfully rolled her eyes, a smirk on her face.

"I honestly sometimes wonder why you two have these conversations. I mean, who even watches the Kardashians?" I asked, stealing one of Ren's chips and waving it around like she didn't care.

Ren gasped. "Keeping Up With The Kardashians is my life! How could you say that?" She shrieked.

I lift an eyebrow and gave Cora an 'is she serious' look. Sadly, Cora nodded, pity in her eyes as she glanced at Ren. Both of us think that Ren had recently bashed her head on something hard, leading her to that state.

"Don't you guys do that look at me. I'm perfectly normal." Ren told us. 

Cora sniggered whilst I try to cover her laugh with a cough. Anybody who says that isn't normal.

We ate in silence until Ren gasped in shock and frantically tided her neat shirt. I gave her a questioning look, swallowing my sandwich. Cora didn't bother to give her a strange look, already used to Ren's weird ways.

Before I could ask my bizarre best friend what she was doing, somebody plonked down in the seat next to me. I jumped in shock, turning my head to look at the person who sat next to me.

As soon as I saw Xavier, I scowled. At least I know now why Ren was tidying herself up. I wanted to tell Ren that she already looked beautiful and wasn't worth Xavier's time but refrained myself.

"Hello princess." Xavier started. "Now, I thought over what you said earlier and realized I overreacted slightly. I'm very sorry." Everybody was shocked as we heard him say that. Never, ever has Xavier apologized to anyone. He wasn't one for it. It wasn't his nature. "I know you aren't a possession, you are so much more than that."

I didn't even know what to say, what he said was so unexpected. What could I say? Thanks for not being an asshole and for apologizing, now go away. No. That wouldn't go down well.

"Well, I'll be damned. Annabella is speechless." Xavier joked, snapping me out of my thoughts. Glowering at him, I turned away from him to face Ren and Cora's gobsmacked expressions. I completely forgot they had no idea about me and Xavier's encounters.

"Uh..." I trailed, unsure of what to do. Both of them give me an expected look, waiting for me to continue. I decided maybe if I didn't try to explain myself, it would be better. Perhaps they would suddenly get amnesia and forget what was happening.

A girl could hope.

Giving them a nervous smile, I pretended to be interested in my food. I tried hard to ignore their piercing stares but it was pretty hard. Eventually, I sighed and gave up.

"Xavier, please will you stop staring at me. It makes me feel uncomfortable." I politely asked him, raising my eyes to meet his grey ones. "And would you please for the love of god leave me alone."

"Not happening sweetheart. How many times do I need to tell you that? You're stuck with me forever." Xavier smirks at my expression. I'm horrified at the thought of being stuck with him forever. Sure, he looked like an Abercrombie model but he was a complete dick. I would not spend the rest of her high school experience with him.

"You have got to be kidding me." I breathed out, glaring at him.

"Nope,"

"Ugh, why do I always have the worst luck?" I muttered to myself as I leaned over the table, resting my elbows on it, placing my hands on my head.

"You're overreacting. To be stuck with me is a blessing, you have the best luck." Xavier replied, after hearing me.

Before I could insult him, the bell went off. Quickly, I stood up and grabbed my stuff. I already knew Xavier would follow so I carry on walking. I also didn't want to answer my best friends questions because I'd then have to tell them that my high school experience was about to get a lot worse. I also wanted to avoid any of their interrogations over if I like him or not.

I really don't want to go there at all. Period.

Word count: 1590

If you liked this chapter then please VOTE and COMMENT! I'd love to hear what you think😊

Next update: 16th December

All Rights Reserved