This is it [Dean X Reader]

Start from the beginning

"What- Yeah. Yeah, man, I'm alright." He mumbled half heartedly, turning for y'all's bedroom. Sam watched him walk by and then over his shoulder, noticing the way his shoulders drooped with the weight of the words he said yesterday. He knew he was in the wrong. He heard Dean's bag drop to the ground, shuffling of quickened footsteps.

"(Y/N)?" Dean called out slowly. He turned his gaze around the room, taking in the damage. The lamp was shattered. Glass on your nightstand with the picture still sitting there. Bullet casings on the floor. His heart dropped at the thought of something happening. "(Y/N)?!"

He opened the bathroom door, realizing you weren't in there either. He turned sharply, opening the closet doors and noticing only his clothes hung in there. Realization dawned on him as he slowly sank to the bed. Tears welled in his forest green eyes, slowly starting to roll down his cheeks.

Sam rushed to the room, freezing in the doorway. His eyes scanned the room, his gaze landing on his brother. He sighed, carding his fingers through his hair. "I checked the other rooms and she isn't in any of them."

"She left." He muttered brokenly. "She really left."

"I can check the gps on her phone and check traffic cameras, find out where she's headed." Sam mumbled, turning away before Dean could say another word.

"Please, come back." He cried out in a pleasing whisper. "This isn't it. This isn't the end of us."

You had bunkered down in a cheap motel for the next couple of days after driving all night and half the day. You bought enough food for the next day or so, not that you would eat much of it anyways. Besides the ice cream. You had avoided traffic camera's the best you could and turned your phone's GPS off. You knew better. You knew how Sam and Dean are. They'd come looking.

There you sat with heartache in your chest. An unbearable weight that you didn't want to feel anymore. The tv was on, but it didn't hold your interest. You sighed, rolling off of the bed and headed for the kitchenette. You pull out the pint of (fav flavor) ice cream from the freezer.

You had traveled far from Kansas, heading east. Now you were on the outskirts of Tennessee, in a somewhat nice cheap motel. Moping and feeling inadequate for words that he probably meant.

"And here I thought that we would always walk through the fire for each other. Forever and after really was an impossible dream. Even upside down, I'll find paradise on the ground." You mumbled to yourself, somberly. You shake your head, grabbing a spoon and sitting upon the counter. You peeled of the cap, digging into the frozen creamery.

A brisk knock sounded from the door, causing you to snap your head up. You pulled the spoon from your mouth, setting the ice cream on the counter. You pulled your gun from your waistband, switching off the safety. You made your way swiftly and silently to the door. You placed the spoonful of ice cream in your mouth, opening the door instantly and aiming at the people in your doorway. They threw their hands up in surrender, baffled expressions on their profiles.

You glared at Sam and Dean, switching the safety on. You kicked the door shut, only for Dean to stick his foot in the door.

"Son of a bitch," You grumbled, pulling the spoon from your mouth, swallowing the now melted ice cream. "You have two minutes to say what you need to or either a bullet or this spoon, is going in your ass."

You growled, you glare resting on Dean. He gulped, stepping into the room with Sam behind him. You walked back to the kitchen, sitting back on the counter with the pint of frozen desert in your hand. The boys watch you warily. You glanced to them, brows raised.

"Silence is loud. But it can't say what you need to." You hardened gaze rested on Dean. You looked to Sam, smiling faintly despite the pain. You handed him the ice cream and an extra spoon. He accepted it happily, knowing better to reject something when your upset. He learned that lesson within the first few years you lived with them.

"(Y/N), I had no right to say what I did. I know sorry can't take the pain away and I know I can't beg for your forgiveness." Dean spoke slowly, his words wavering as if he was unsure of his words. "I am terrified that I'll lose you, but I know that my love for you can also end us if I shelter you in it. My fears, my worries, I can't imagine if there was a day you were really gone and you weren't coming back. I know I can be an overprotective douchebag, an asshole. But I can't help it. You're my family." He took calculated steps toward you, watching as you simply watched him with an unwavering gaze and ate your ice cream. "You're my world. The guiding star in the dark, the shining hope. I need you because without you, I am nothing. If I have to get on my knees and beg, I will. You're worth it. You're worth it all."

You studied Dean, seeing the heartbreak and honesty in this mossy green eyes. You slid from the counter, looking to Sam, raising a brow as you shook the ice cream. He shook his head no, leaning against the counter as he folded his arms over this chest. You shrugged and placed the ice cream back in the freezer, turning on your heel and walking past Dean. He followed you as a moment passed.

You had only made it into the living room as you heard Dean drop to his knees behind you. His arms went around your waist, his forehead pressed to the middle of your back. You closed your eyes, knowing that he closed his, too. Heat radiated from his arms around your waist, the strings of your heart pulling with ache. You missed his touch, even if it was just two days.

"I will love you forever and after. A day will not pass when I show you in every way possible how amazing you are, how stunningly beautiful you are, that you are more than good enough for anything you do." He said, his rustic voice barely above a whisper. "I love you. Forever and after."

You hung you head, tears escaping your eyes as you turned around in his arms. You cupped his cheeks, causing him to lift his gaze to you. You leaned down, kissing him chastely. After a moment, you pulled away, gazing at each other longingly. You smiled warmly, wiping away your tears.

"Forever and after, yeah?" Dean gave you a show stopping smile, standing from his spot and kissing you deeper.

Sam smiled faintly, watching you two from the kitchen. He was proud of his brother, opening himself up and -

"Sam?" You called out, gazing at him steadily.

"Yeah?" He grunted, clearing his throat nervously. You gave him an amused smile, humor in your eyes.

"Get out." You laughed coolly, shaking your head. "Like I said, bullet or spoon."

Sam gave you a wide eyed expression, causing Dean to laugh warmly. He handed his brother the keys as he hastily made his way to the door.

"I mean it," Dean mumbled lovingly. "I love you. Forever and after."

"This is it," You cooed affectionately. "Us forever and after. I love you too, Dean Winchester."