Chapter 28

Kiki's Pov

"Sounds good baby, I'll start looking into places to stay at." He followed me like a puppy as I walked down his hallway and grabbed my book bag and put on my shoes at the door.

"I love you." He said as I had my back to him. The way he said it made him sound vulnerable. It took me by surprise but I turned around.

"I love you too Yoongi." I gave a small smile and he pulled me into another long hug. "Be safe out there okay?" I nodded my head and he gave me one last kiss and I was out the door.

~

I walked through the front door of our apartment and took of my shoes near the door.

"How is school going dear?" My mother asked me as she began to set the table for dinner. "It's alright mom, not hard really." I said as I dropped off my things in my room to eat dinner with my mom. I sat across from here as she scooped up rice and put them into separate bowls.

"How was your day mom?" I asked as I sat down in the chair across from her and she placed the food dishes down on the table.

"Oh it was long." She sighed and rubbed her neck, it was probably aching along with the rest of her body. "I had to help a man who broke his arm but had schizophrenia so it was hard to give him the things he needed when he was moving around so much. I also had to file a bunch of papers and make documents or new files for patients. It was just a busy day." She sat down and we started to dig into the food.

"I have missed my lovely daughter though. I'm so proud of you getting a job, specially in something you like doing." She smiled at me proudly as she ate kimchi and the fried chicken feet.

"Yeah, I had a good day working today, it was nice and my boss is nice to me as well with my coworker."

She nodded, "That's good honey."

I set down my chopsticks and cleared my throat. I can't believe I'm going to do this.

"Uh mom." I asked a bit nervous.

"Yes?" She paid no attention to how I sounded and continued to eat.

"Well I was wondering if I could go to a friends house and stay the night for two nights." I tried to ask as confirm and confident.

She stop chewing and looked at me.

"You have a friend?" I knew lying to her was horrible but I slowly nodded my head.

She gave my a big smile and set down her utensils. "Oh my god! I'm so happy Mazuki! I'm so glad you have someone to hang out with. This is great!"

I gave a weak smile, "So is it okay if I go?"

She clapped her hands together, "Of course you can go! When can I meet the mom?"

My eyes went wide and I began to panic slightly.

"Oh um her mom is working and I don't think she has time to meet you but maybe another time." I lied. I my best felt like it was getting heavier and heavier with each white lie I was telling my mother.

Her face slightly fell. "Well that's okay, maybe another time then." I nodded and started to slowly eat some of my rice. I had lost my appetite from lying to my mom. We've always kept things real between each other but I wanted to be with Yoongi and make him happy too.

"What will you two be doing?" She asked as she got up to wash her empty bowl.

"Oh um well you know, we're going to paint each other's nails, maybe go to the films or go to the mall and see what's new or in fashion now." I lied big time. My mom knew I wasn't into those kinds of things.

"Really? But you never really cared about fashion or painting your nails before." She placed a hand on her hip looking at me.

"Well my friend is into that and I don't want to disappoint her, you know or be a buzz kill. Besides it might be a little bit of fun going to the mall and checking it out and trying on clothes. It is getting colder and I'm going to use my paycheck to buy some warmer clothes." I explained, only hoping she would believe me.

She turned around and moved things in her purse and pulled out a small amount of money and handed it to me. "I know it isn't much but you should go have fun and be a girl and spend a bit on yourself. I love you." I didn't want to take the money from my mom because we needed to use it for our rent. I felt like my heart was going to drop like an anchor from the burden of the lies already.

"Thank you mom."

She smiled and did a double take and looked at my hand again. "Honey what happened to your hand?" She examined it and looked at me worriedly.

"Oh it's just a small scratch. Nothing to worry about mom." I brushed the matter off as best as I could but she squinted her eyes at me but didn't say anything else.

"Okay," She sighed, "I'm going to go lay down for a few hours before my next shift." She gave me hug.

"I love you kiddo."

I hugged her back, "I love you too mom. Take care and sleep well." She left me alone and went to her bedroom and closed the door softly.

I let out a long breath of air that was sitting inside of me and took a moment to think about what I've done. I felt awful but I knew I had to take advantage of this moment and live my own life too. Sighing, I headed back to my room and looked down on my bed where my phone was laying. I pressed the home button and noticed I had a text from Yoongi.

Yoongi: hey baby are you able to go?

I replied back with shaky hands.

Yes. See you tomorrow.

(A/n: Hi guys! I hope everyone had a good Thursday, thanksgiving, and if you don't celebrate it then I just hope you had a good week. Please know what you think of how my story is going. Thank you so much! Please vote, comment, share ♥️ )