Chapter 23 : Explanations

A/N:     Hey lovely readers! 

Firstly I would like to apologise, I'm so sorry! I've been really busy and am about to get busier (which is crazy to think about), so the update was really slow!  I was about to sleep when I felt really bad for keeping you guys waiting, so I decided to complete the chapter!  It was really hectic because I am juggling sports, music, and studies all together in my SATs year!!! I don't think you can imagine that! Anyway, thanks for the fans, likes,comments and votes, I am really grateful for that, during the times that I'm not updating, I would be editing the story or replying comments! Sorry for some that I miss out, I do read all of it though! Thank you so much, keep reading, tell me things that I need to improve on, like, comment, vote, fan! 

Love,                                                                                                                                                                         Monster

                                                                                                  No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster 2012

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 23 : Explanations

"No.", "Ethan." I stared stupidly at him, "Ethan?" he nodded curtly. Ethan? There are two Derricks, wait no, one of them says that he is..Ethan...Ethan and Derrick, two different people, same faces... My head was spinning with confusion, the past few days, weeks and months were floating in pieces around my head. How did I not see that they were two different people?

I mean they look exactly the same! But no, there were times when he would be sweet, well mannered and so..so honest, then there were times when he was just annoying, arrogant and a total flirt. There two different personalities! My inner voice said. But I figured that he could have woken up on the wrong side of bed on those days.

Then how do you explain how he wears his hair in a sexy mess one day and neatly combed the other? My inner voice challenged. Well..he could have forgotten to comb his hair on those days..I snorted mentally at myself. What about him being at the ice skating rink with you and appearing at the SF Mall not being able to remember a thing about your date an hour ago? Ok I get it! Shut up!

I stopped conversing with my inner self and thought carefully. If that's the case then that would explain why he appeared at the SF Mall in different clothes and not remembering a thing about it. The reason behind why they were always confused..gosh, my mind is in a complete mess.

"Hey, are you alright angel?" His masculine voice pulled me out of my internal conflict. I looked up into his mesmerizing eyes that was filled with concern.  Angel? So he is...De--Ethan? I took a slow and deep breath, nodding my head, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Just..let me..process it."

I covered my face with my hands and sighed into it. Taking another deep breath as I calmed down and sorted out my thoughts and questions. Exhaling, I looked up at both of them who were now standing infront of me. "I need answers." Both looked at each other and nodded. "Does anyone else knows that you have a twin?", I looked to Derrick. "The whole school does." Derrick replied. What--how? ...Right, Kevin mentioned Ethan so he must have known that Derrick has a twin.

"Then why hadn't anyone told me when I called you Derrick? When I thought that you both were the same person?" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. Ethan sighed, " It's a long story, but I guess you deserve to know."

He cleared his throat, "I attend West Franklin, I am still a student here but I haven't showed up in a year. In the past, me, Derrick, and the guys used to hang out together but we didn't get to meet often since I've stopped coming. On certain days, I would go to school in place of Derrick to hang out with the guys, people usually won't be able to tell us apart, so that was fine. Then I saw you in the corridor, on your first day. You remember don't you?" He smirked. 

Oh god so it was him? Ethan? The one who sent me into a spiral of confusion and emotions for the very first time we locked eyes. "Judging from your expression, I'm guessing you do remember." He chuckled. I bit my lip and frowned at him, "Anyway, There was something about you. I just wanted to see you again. So I began coming to school more often in place of Rick.", He stated bluntly, I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks and tried to suppress it.

I put off the thought of him wanting to see me and thought properly. "Wait wait." I cut him off, he said that he was coming to school in place of Derrick, meaning that he would be acting as Derrick. So that explains why the guys calls him Derrick whenever he's around me or in school. But that's not the main point. "Why do you have to act as Derrick to be in school?" I questioned.

"I was suspended." he stated grimly. "Why?" I asked, even more confused. "That's a different story, let's leave it for another time." I nodded and he continued, "I wanted to see you, the more I saw you, the more I'm interested in you. But you kept calling me Derrick, and I didn't want to confuse you or risk the chance of my identity getting exposed so I asked the boys to do me a favour and call me Derrick infront of you." Gosh does he have to be so straightforward?? Derrick was shifting uneasily and looked away the whole time. 

"Then--" I opened my mouth to speak but he stopped me, "Hold on--Before you start listing out everything, I will just tell you the times we met, alright?" He raised an eyebrow, I was about to clarify my doubts,  by listing each of my meeting with him--or them, and making sure he tells me when it was him or when it was Derrick, how did he know what I was thinking?

"It was me at the corridor on your first day. It was me that day when you revealed yourself to the school. It was me at the beach.." He paused and smirked devilishly at me. I felt my face burn up, what's wrong with me! I never ever blushed when a guy mentions a kiss! I frowned at him again and he just continued grinning, " It was me at the gym with your..friend." He frowned slightly when he mentioned 'friend', which is Evan. I felt my lips quirking up into a smile. "It was me at the glassfloor and at the party." he finished. So that explains why 'Derrick' was being such a jerk on those occasions! 

That did clear quite alot of things up, but I'm not angry, just feeling pretty pissed that they have been keeping this huge secret from me, playing along with Ethan's act, I know that it's partly because of Ethan's suspension that he had to lie about it but he could have told me when we were not in school compounds, couldn't he? No, he chose to make me think that he was Derrick all along, making a fool out of me, and the guys helped him! Those betraying jerks. I frowned at both of them, "You two were taking me as a fool all this time?", I turned and pointed accusingly to Derrick, "And you helped him!" I pouted. 

Both of them looked at each other and grinned their infamous lopsided smile at me. That's when I spotted another way to tell them apart other than their cologne and haristyles. Their grins. Ethan's grin is quirked to the right while Derrick's is to the left. Ah hah! I'm brilliant. Just you wait, I will definitely have my revenge on those twins! I smirked back at them. 

So..where does this put us now? 

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the abrupt end, hope this boring chapter clear things up a bit!