Chapter 8 : Meeting Eric

A/N: That is Eric Reuben! ^^^^^^^^^ Gosh Jesse is so hot, just try to imagine him with glasses(;                      

                                                                                                        No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster 

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8 : Meeting Eric

I am actually quite glad that I didn't stay that long with Elliot, because, staying longer means that he would get to know me better, me as in the real me, not the nerd me. That would be risking all the effort I had put in, since the start of the week to act like a nerd! All that going to the weird hippie stores or fleas to painfully dig out and buy nerd attire! No way.  Yes it seems like alot has happened and a long time passed, but it was indeed, just a very short week, my first week. 

"Oh nooo!" mom groaned as she smacked her forehead while squatting by the open fridge. "Whats up?" I asked at her sudden wailing. "I forgot to buy our Ben&Jerrys!" she complained. Sometimes, mom really acts more like a kid than I do. Knowing her, B&J's is her favourite and she can't go without it on movie night, which happens to be tonight.

She looked up at me and started giving a sheepish grin, "Oh no you don't-" I shook my head and  tried to escape. She swiftly stepped infront of me, blocking my way, "Heres 50bucks, you get to keep the change!" she hurriedly offered, how sly. I gave her a slight frown, "Well..I suppose thats fine, I could use an extra 30bucks." I said shrugging." She grinned even wider, "I love you baby girl, you can take the car, I won't risk you dropping my B&J's while speeding on your bike!" and handed me her car keys. 

"Alright alright, love you too." I smiled as I took the keys and shook my head, thats how much I love her. I clicked the unlock button, opening the door, climbed in and turned on the engine. It was playing The carpenters - Yesterday once more, bah heard it a million times. I changed the channels until the radio was playing Na na na by My Chemical Romance, something decent, I grinned as I changed the gears , stepped on the accelerator, and swerved out of my driveway. Did I mention I  could drive cars too? I nodded away and sang along as I drove towards the nearby supermart.

I searched the freezers for B&J's and found it not long after I arrived, hmm, choc chip choc chip..Here it is! I reached in the freezer and grabbed a tub of Chocolate chip cookie dough - my favorite, and found mom's favorite - Cheesecake Brownie, a shelf below. Awesome!

I scanned the shelves around me as I walked towards the counter for payment, Oreos? I think we still have some in the cabinet, Oooh poptar --- Whoa?! My eyes widened in shock and I nearly dropped my B&J's. Seriously?! Again?! This is the third king that is apparate-ing in front of me!

Shoot, he is so staring at me. We were a meter away from each other. I recognized him as the cute nerd. He couldn't have..."Hi." he called out to me grinning. Damn I was about to say that he couldn't have recognized me. "Hi..you..know me?" I asked dumbfounded, again. "Yeah, well, weren't you the one Derrick laid eyes on?" he smiled. Right, that "Derrick has interest in me, so The Kings should know me" thing again.

"Yeah." I said, getting annoyed. "You drive? Saw you in the car park." he raised an eyebrow. Wow, didn't know nerds are so talkative. He didn't look like he talked much. Well, of course he isn't a normal nerd, but still, you know what I mean. "So nerds aren't supposed to drive?" I challenged, frowning. Crap, you see, I really should learn how to not just spit out whatever that is on my mind, I am like giving myself away, come on! Stereo-typically, loser-ish looking nerds like yours truly don't usually drive and much less an Audi, of course he would ask! I gave myself a mental slap as I bit my lip, regretting my retort.

His eyes widened like he totally wasn't expecting that, "Whoa, haha! Relax, I'm just curious." He smiled and shrugged. Okay..things are getting awkward, time to escape. "Yeah. Right, sorry about that, uh, I've gotta go, Ice cream's melting!" I waved my B&J's towards the cashier, gave a quick smile and hurried to the counter. Unfortunately, he decided to tag along.

"So, whats your name?" he asked as I paid. "Brea Kendra." I said smiling at the cashier, who was ogling at Eric, as I took my B&J's from her. "I am Eric Reuben." He said extending his hand, I gave it a quick shake, not wanting to reveal anymore of myself, and said, "Um nice meeting you, see ya!" and went back to mom's car as quick as I can without looking like I am trying to flee. 

I saw him chuckle and grin after me. Great, now another king knows there's something fishy about me. I blasted music all the way as I drove home, trying to ease my jumpy heart. Eric is even better looking up close, man, The Kings descended from some heavenly gene pool.

"I'm home!" I called as I stepped into the house. "What took you so long?"Mom complained as I placed the B&J's in the fridge. "Nothing, just met a schoolmate, had a little..chat." I shrugged. "Gonna head up to bathe! Join you in a few!" I shouted to mom as I ran up to my room. I had a quick bath and slipped into a tank top and my Paul Frank PJs, we chose our movie over dinner and decided on Sherlock Holmes 2.

We laughed and gasped throughout the movie on the couch, feasting on our B&J's, I love movie nights, it always gives us time to bond through tears and laughter, not that we are not bonded enough already, but I still love spending time with mom. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: How do you like this one? (: A new meeting and some mother-daughter bonding!(; Comment, vote, help promote my book to your friends! I need more readers to update!(;