Chapter 4 : The Kings

A/N: Sorry for the blurry pic ): That's Brandon Spyke anyways!

                                                                                                       No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster 2012

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4 : The Kings

Last evening was exhilarating, it set me in a great mood for school today. Lessons passed by in a flash as usual, with me scribbling and doodling on my notebooks. I was already getting used to this quiet life and that, is a good sign. I'm currently having Literature class, all these talk about the classic Shakespeare was driving me to slumber, I was never one for the arts, but my grades proved otherwise, luckily.

"Whereon the thought might think sometime it saw, the carcass of beauty spent and done---" RIIINNNGGGG, her voice was droned out by the lunch bell, which is by far the most pleasant sound I've heard all day.

I joined the cafeteria queue, grabbing a tray, the cafeteria lady dumped some sort of indiscernible gooey, crap? Onto a plate an offered it to me. Ewww, gross.

"I think I will just have a sandwich and milk, thanks." I said flashing her a smile. She rolled her eyes at me and tossed me my food. Rude old lady alert.

After piling on the food, I grabbed my tray and sat down at an empty table in a corner, just as I was unwrapping my sandwich a petite girl practically jumped into the seat opposite me, "Hi!" she squeaked. I looked up at her, taking in her features. She seemed like a nerd to me, with the same kind of clothes like mine, and hair tied up into two high ponytails. Pretty weird actually.

"Uh hi." I said with an awkward smile, "You are new right? I am Melissa Graham! Nice to meet you!" She stuck out her hand towards me. "Yeah. I'm Brea, Kendra.", I took her hand. She gripped my hand tight and shook it violently, like really. She swung it high up and all the way down, picture it, then fast forward that speed 20 times. 

Thankfully she released my hand after a few seconds, "Do you know The Kings, like friends or something?" She beamed. "The who? No, um I don't think so." I replied averting my gaze to my food, what the heck is she talking about?

"I saw your staring episode with Derrick yesterday! And and the conversation with the other Kings! Wow! They are soooo hot!", "Who? Derrick? Kings? Conversation?" I spluttered, confused. Oh. She was talking about the green-eyed boy and his friends, heard them yelling his name. "Oh they are called The..Kings?" I shot her a "weird" look.

"Right!" she exclaimed, smacking her forehead, "You are new here! Let me tell- OH MY GOD." she froze. I stared at her, and she started stuttering, "TH-THERE THEY ARE!!!! WALKING IN!!! CHRIST! Damnnnnn, HOW DO THEY LOOK THIS HOT EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! HOW!" She shrieked at the end of her sentence as she pointed frantically with gestures like shes suffocating with her mouth hanging open.

I turned to look in the direction she was freaking out at, and as if the timing couldn't be better. Well damn, Greek gods? I wasn't one to drool about hot guys since I've had my fair share in dating most of them in my previous schools-- I'll share the story another time-- but they were just..really, I must admit,  hot.

Five of them walking in the cafeteria with an aura that made them glow and stand out from the rest, each of their faces, handsome and chiseled with sharp beautiful features, they were tall and their bodies, something worth freaking out about. What is with this school? Hot teachers, then hot students. Have they all gathered at West Franklin or something?

"WOW, yes?" her perky voice drew me back, she must have saw my drooly face, I swallowed my sandwich, "Yeah, I mean, I didn't notice- I didn't know they were so..you know good looking." Wow, I wondered if my brain had malfunction yesterday, cause all I remembered seeing was his green eyes, none of those handsome faces or perfect bodies!

"How could you not notice girlfriend?!" She gave me a horrified look, but almost instantly she started giggling, "Okay, its alright I would be mind blown too, 'The Kings' is a name given to them by the girls of the school, pretty obvious why!! So let me introduce you to The Kings!" She said grinning as she squirmed in her seat, brimming with pure excitement.

"That one on the extreme left? The one with the spiky red tinted black hair and combat boots? You see him?" I nodded, spotting the guy on the left in a leather jacket. "He is Brandon Spyke! Bad-ass biker, with a sweeet ride! He is so hot!" Seriously? Nice. 

"The one beside him! That cute "nerd" with shaggy blonde hair wearing a long sleeved turtle neck? I've never seen anyone look so hot in glasses! He is the school's top student! First place! He is really quiet and he was never seen dating anyone! What a rare guy! That's Eric Reuben for you." Hmm worth keeping.

"The one on the extremeee right! Total hottie! Skin tight navy tee, left fist bandaged! Dark brown hair? He is a fighter! Strong and hot, A-lister! He does Mixed Martial Arts and a whole lotta others! Troy Nathan is his name!" Whoa he's the same as me! "The one with blonde hair beside him? That is Elliot Chase! He is the jock! Baseball, Football, Track & Field, Rugby, you name it, he ace it! He is extremely good in sports! And he is extremely adorable!" Sweet.

"AND THAT. IS. DERRICK. KNIGHT." she pointed to the green eyed boy with neatly styled hair that looked undeniably sexy on him. "He is perfect. He is the leader of The Kings or King of the Kings. He specializes in music and arts! If you ever hear him sing or play any instrument, rumor has it that you will melt instantly and catch the love-bug! He is the hottest! SHIT! Look at those dreamy eyes.. " she pretend to faint pressing the back of her hand to her forehead.

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach, she is so so so dramatic and hilariously weird! "Oh yeah, what a great smile girl!" she said looking semi impressed and shocked. Damn, lie. low. I stopped laughing and regained my composure, "Ahem" I cleared my throat, "So, what makes them special, like apart from their looks?" I shrugged, changing the topic. "Oh they are the five most influential, not to mention, talented and RICH hotties in the entire West Franklin!" she squealed, okay, girl has got it bad.

The five boys- or The Kings, headed towards the center table and sat down, instantly, boys and girls flocked around them, serving lunch like offerings to them, flirting, ass-kissing, whatever. Hah, this scene sure was familiar. Last month, I was in the exact same situation as them, things sure changed.

I turned back to face my lunch and continue munching away, "So..you do not actually know The Kings personally?" She said with a look of disappointment, "Nope." I said, expecting her to stand up and walk away now that she found what she wants.

"Aww its alright! We'll get a chance to know them, I am sure!" She winked and grabbed for my file beside me and studied it. "Oh! We have Bio classes together that's..three periods after lunch! Greaaat! I will see you then! Don't you dare act like you don't know me! I gotta rush my Lit homework, catch you later girlfriend!" She waved as she murmured something about The Kings being such a distraction, and took off.

I chewed my sandwich in slow mo, feeling awestruck that someone actually volunteered to be a friend, even after knowing that they will get no benefit from it, no popularity, no attention. Well my first lunch as a nerd wasn't all that bad, guess I made a friend and even savored a few eye candies.