Chapter 3 : Weird meeting

A/N: To the right of the video is Brea's bike and the song Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, I think it really fits this chapter haha!(; Love this song anw <3

                                                                                                               No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3 : Weird meeting

The shrill bell went off, signalling the end of school. I heaved a sigh of relief that I safely pulled through yet another day without anyone probing my disguise. Maybe this isn't so hard to pull off after all.   I looked down at the scrap of paper in my hand, "Block E Hall 2" the messy scribbling read.

I stuffed the piece of paper into my back pocket and headed towards the location, which is where my locker was. God why does it have to be so far?! I continued complaining mentally as I walked from Block A, where chem lesson was.

What should I have for dinner today? Should I grab some Taco Bell with mom? Subconsciously, I looked down at my feet and started counting the number of steps as I walked, a habit when I'm really bored and walking alone. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 - crap, what am I doing?

I sighed deeply and looked up, meeting my gaze was a pair of shocking emerald green eyes, piercing through my thoughts. His stare was so intense and bizarre, I felt my body froze. His gaze..held something-something I don't quite understand, a feeling of familiarity and mixed emotions washed over me, like I've known him for ages, like we're related somehow. His gaze sent me spiraling into confusion, without knowing what I was even confused about. We just stood there, staring into each others eyes. Corny, but yeah.

"DERRRRICCCKKK!" shouted a boy which ran towards that mysterious guy and playfully choke-hold him. He tore his gaze away from me, "Hey easy bro!" he chuckled between quick glances towards me as he wrestled around with his friend.

His friend had noticed that we were staring at each other before, and teased,  "Ooh Rick! Didn't knew she was your kind, are nerds the new cheer babes now?" , "Man, that better not be the case!" , "Yeah ,don't you dare smear the reputation of The Kings, Rick!" hollered two others walking towards them, soon all the four voices joined him.

I stood rooted to the ground unsure of what to do, while my eyes never left his, still caught up in that little connection experience. "Ha ha seriously guys?" He grinned teasingly, cocking an eyebrow up. "Thought she looked familiar, that's all idiots!" he smirked, shot me a quick glance and walked off with the others following behind him.

Seconds past, maybe minutes, I was still in a state of shock, its just like I had walked into a door and got all sense knocked out of me. What was that?! That whole connection thingy was making me hysterical, I couldn't really remember how he or any of them looked like, all I know was his green eyes.

Why couldn't I move? Why did I feel that way? Damn, all these questions are making my head spin. I sucked in a deep breath, shook my head to clear my thoughts and turned towards the East wing exit, sprinting off.

"Mom! I'm so sorry! Did you wait long?" I huffed as I got into the car. "Not really, did you just run a marathon?" She said questioningly as I buckled my belt. I gave her the "That's so lame" look and rolled my eyes as my lips twitched into a small smile.

Alright alright, just kidding, so how was school?" , "Great, no trouble so far, except for that weird bo-" Crap, I should really learn to not shoot my mouth off. "Weird what?" she said glancing sideways at me as she maneuvered around, "Its nothing mom, I got mixed up." I said hurriedly, last thing I needed was my mom to think that I was loony.

If I told her about the connection thingy, she'll probably drag me to a psychiatrist and, nope too much trouble. She shot me a skeptical look but moved on to another topic. We continued chatting throughout the journey home.

After lunch I decided that I really just had  to go for a ride. I mean, nobody even knows that I exist right? Besides, I didn't see any familiar face around our area. So much for me saying that I'm "Not gonna touch it till I graduate". I remember telling mom that on the flight to California. We promised to stay low, because I couldn't take the risk of having someone from school, which could be our neighbor, exposing my act.

Mom wasn't really a fan of me riding either. She thinks that it will cause me some serious damage some day. And when I told her that, she was more than happy to agree with it, to help hold me to my word. I guess it was easier said than done. 

"Moooom." I said in my sweetest voice as I hopped beside the sink where she was washing the dishes, picked up a cup and started to wash it. "What now?" She said, focusing on the washing. "I was thinking of taking my bike out for a ride, that fine with you..?" I mumbled as I scrubbed hard on the syrup stain.

She kept silent for a while, only scrubbing sounds could be heard in the kitchen. She shook her head, and my heart dropped in an instant. "That's fine. That would be a little freedom beneath all that suffocating act, don't you think? Go unwind." She said smiling. Isn't she amazing? "Mom, you're the best! I mean it! Swear!" , I touched my forehead against hers gently.

She closed the tap, place the plate in the sink and turned towards me, "Brea, you're all I have, of course I want you to be happy. I'm not against you racing, I've seen you race, you're brilliant-- Just remember to not overdo it alright?", "I love you babygirl, go go, don't stay out too late. And stay safe!" she said, directing me away from the sink. "Mom, I love you, you know I'll be fine! Be back soon!" I squealed as I gave her a peck, dried my hands and ran up to my room.

Tugging on the tight band, I let loose my hair and ruffled it. Stripped, threw on a tank top and a leather jacket over it, a pair of black ripped skinnies, pulled on my combat boots and gloves, and headed out to the garage.

"Hey baby!" I exclaimed as I got on my Ducati 1098, gliding my hands around its body and handles. I swiftly twisted my hair into a bun and slipped on my helmet, "Here we go!" I turned the keys and the engine roared to life, man, how I've missed this sound!

I felt like a child with a new toy, the same excitement/ nervousness I would feel whenever I am about to ride my bike. I kicked up the side stand, revved the engine and took off. I maneuvered around the city, with the city lights fading into a blur, swerving at great speed with my knees a few inches from the road. My worries gone with the wind that rushed past me.