Chapter 19 : Two can play that game

A/N:  Hey lovely people!

Gah I'm halfway through my exam week, I guess I'm flunking my papers, oh well exams suck! Been a while since I uploaded, sorry for the wait!

Needed some motivation for this story too!  Thank you so much for reading, I would truly love it and appreciate if you could share your thoughts and comments with me! Please vote, fan! You know the usual(; Thank you so much for doing so! And thank you for those who fanned me! <3 

Hope you enjoy it(;

-Monster

                                                                                                    No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster 2012

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 19 : Two can play that game

Spring break ended in a flash, so did my happy moments with the Bryce family. I couldn't believe that Evan has to go already! I know its childish and all but I wailed the whole trip to the airport with Evan, Rob and Liz.

 "Lizzzzzzzz!" I wailed through sobs and hiccups as I turned to the side and lunged at her for a hug in the back of mom's black Audi q7. "Aww sweetie, you're making me cry!!" Liz cooed and squeezed back tightly as she sniffled and wiped away at her tears that were threatening to spill out of her red eyes.

"Oh come on, when is this soap opera gonna end? You've been--" Evan started to complain, rolling  his eyes when I cut him off by turning towards him and wailing, "Evvvvvvvv!!" His face that was wrinkled in annoyance immediately soften up and he opened his arms, "Aww come here baby." he widened his arms. Guess my face must have been pretty messed up since he softened at the sight of it, probably all snotty and sticky with tears and puffy eyes that I could hardly open, what a sight. 

I didn't hesitate to climb over the second row of seats to the back and lunge myself at him, crashing into his arms. Despite the Audi q7 being quite a spacey vehicle, it just wasn't big enough for two grown up 18 year-olds to hug each other face to face. Half of my legs were still dangling across the row of seats infront of me but I couldn't care less, I was too busy bawling. 

Evan chuckled at my awkward position and shook his head bursting into a hearty laugh. He scooped me up in his arm, sucessfully dragging me across and fully into the back row of seats. He carried and adjusted me so that I was sitting across his lap, legs stretched out to the left, princess style. I wrapped my arms aroung his neck and leaned against his shoulder, sobbing and hiccupping.

One of his hand was resting on my thighs and the other was wrapped around my waist. "I d-don't want y-you t-to go!" I whined like a child. Yes, this is me at my worst. He cooed softly to me, "Bree, I'll be back with you before you know it alright." I calmed down at his soothing voice and nodded furiously, knowing that I have to let him go as soon as we reach the San Francisco International Airport, no choice given. 

"Terminal 3, boarding area E, gate 62B to your left sir." An airport staff directed Rob pointing to the left. Just as we took a turn to the left the announcement rang throughout the airport, "Last call for departure Flight UA863. May all passengers please proceed to area E, gate 62B.", "Oh honey, that's our flight!" Liz jumped and turned to Rob, before walking faster, we followed briskly and finally we stood outside the glass door that leads into the departure area. Mom was holding Liz in a suffocating hug and Rob arms were wrapped around them. 

I looked back to Evan, fresh tears welling up in my eyes. He quickly brushed it away with his thumb and told me with a sad smile, "As soon as senior year ends. I'll be back for you. Promise." and hugged me tightly, pressing a kiss to my forehead. With that, they flew back to Melbourne. Mom looked as dejected as me, with one hand on the wheel and the other, rubbing her temples. We sat in silence, already missing our best friends.