Chapter 1 : Her life

A/N: Hey!

This is the first time I'm writing a book, I'm having fun with it! Please Vote! Comment! Fan! Let me know if you like it! I will be adding pictures of the casts and stuff, slideshows too, to help you guys imagine better(;

Brea Kendra to the right! >>>>>>>>>>

No ripping(; © GreenBookMonster 2012

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1 : Her life

Thick, round-rimmed, non-prescription glasses, check. Hair neatly pinned and tied up in a low bun, check. Boring plain loose tee and baggy jeans, check. Slippers, check. I scanned myself once more in the mirror to be sure I am nerd-tastic plus a fashion disaster, and wow. I totally look like a dude! I almost couldn't recognize myself! Looks like my entire week of observation on nerds paid off! Oh uh.. I mean it wasn't like I was stalking them all week or anything....

"Perfect. Brea Kendra, today, you are so not going to screw up, you are going to maintain this cover for the entire last year of your high school life. Yes, you will." I told myself one last time smiling with determination in the mirror before I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

As I headed down, I tripped on a object lying at the base of the stairs -- probably a box. My heart gave a quick squeeze as I lunged forward, lucky for my fast reflexes, I executed a front flip and landed expertly. Blood was pounding in my ears and rushing to my head as I took a slow deep breath.

"Wow! That's some sick skills. You look like a total wreck by the way." my head flew up to the familiar voice, still jumpy from the mini heart attack I had when I tripped. "Mom!" I groaned, when I saw her grinning while sitting among a total mess, unpacking boxes that lay all over the floor.

This is a scene I've been all too familiar with, granted that it occurred so often. I sighed heavily knowing that my poor mother has to go through this all the time because of me. Yes, me. This time it's not the "parent problem", it's the "child problem". I am sort of a... special case. Thanks to me, in the past four years, I have changed five different schools, five different houses and shifted across three different countries. Right, now you must be wondering what the hell I've done.

Well, you see, I am well, gorgeous. *Clears throat* At least that's what everybody told me. My hazelnut brown hair with courtesy of my mother, has golden highlights in it and curled softly down to my waist. My eyes a pale shade of grey, inherited from my father - a real charmer by the way. My height being slightly taller than 5 foot 7, with what they deemed-- perfect facial features. Lucky? Yes, but god is fair and well, life is not.

Sure enough, all the boys in middle school were busy chasing my skirt, the girls would suck up to me hoping that they would receive some of the attention the boys gave me and I became the unanimous "queen bee" of the school. But, life as the most popular girl wasn't always as perfect and glamorous as you see in chick flicks -- Nah that's bullshit. Really. It was rather difficult.

You don't get insults thrown in your face, you get it thrown behind your back and probably, everywhere else. Toilet cubicles, walls, tables. You don't get enemies, you get frenemies. You won't get bullied, but you will have the most ridiculous amounts of 'accidents' happening. You will never be isolated, but you will never have true friends either. Throw in a few nasty notes pasted on your locker because no one dares to confront you in fear of social suicide.