Chapter 10 : Music room affair

A/N : Derrick Knight!! ^

Ohwell screw the votes thing! I guess that doesn't work for me huh? ): Was trying to act like all the famous wattpad writers and go like," A 100 votes and I will publish the next chapter!" , pfft I couldn't even get 5 )': Oh well, screw that! I will just upload for the sake of my readers! :D

TVD stands for the vampire diaries btw(: Finally derrick shows up! I left you guys with a tiny cliff hanger :p 

Ps; Vote! comment! fan!

                                                                                                            No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 10 : Music room affair

I was sprawled on my bed watching The Vampire Diaries when my phone beeped and vibrated on my side table. I stretched my hand, grasping blindly for my phone, my eyes still glued to the screen. It is the part where Stephen is about to kiss Elena!

I persistently grabbed blindly, refusing to move and eventually I found the phone and slid it towards me. Just then the advertisements came on, ugh why does advertisements always appear at the most crucial part of shows?! I rolled my eyes at the advertisement about some weight loss tablet.

Lets see...Oh its Mel, open message.. "Yo B, TVD's first kiss scene is up! Whoooo!", I typed back, "Sup, yeah ikr! Great timing for ads tho :/ " We texted pretty much throughout the advertisement breaks and somehow, I ended up falling asleep while texting, bummed. 

Mel was late to school today, guess why? Yeah, its pretty obvious, she must have stayed up till 2am to finished the entire TVD episode, klutz. She had to serve detention and was asked to sweep the school's driveway during lunchbreak.

I can imagine how much she is procrastinating with a broom in her hand and had to supress my giggles to save my sanity at least, being a nerd is bad enough, a crazy nerd would be just....

So I had to spend break alone. I bought a sandwich from the counter and decided to explore the school abit since I've hadn't had the time. 

I crossed to the east wing and strolled down hall E, past sciences labs and classrooms, munching on my sandwich and taking note of each location. I turned left and crossed over to hall F, Computer labs, classrooms, music studio--- wait there's a music studio? Cool! I walked over and took a peek through the tiny glass window on the door, it was empty and spacious, I decided that it's now or never, so I pushed down on the handle and hurriedly sneaked in.

It was quite big, drum sets, guitars, tubas, clarinets, pianos! I walked to a chair facing the window and picked up the guitar beside it, it's a beautiful dreadnought acoustic Fender guitar, with a matte finish, and it caught my eye from the minute I stepped in. I sat down and strummed the six strings, it rang out in beautiful harmony, perfectly tuned.

I started strumming to the chords of Science and Faith by The Script and sang along, it was one of my favorite songs. I played and sang the first two verses while staring out the window at the field, slowly losing myself in the song as I did.

"Of all of the things that he's ever said,

he goes and says something that just knocks me dead...." ,I sang and now for my favorite part, the chorus, placing all my feelings in it as I sang,

"You won't find faith or hope down a telescope,

you won't find heart and soul in the stars,

you can break everything down to chemicals,

but you can't explain a love like ours"

I came to an abrupt stop, the melody still ringing out in my ears, the song sounded unusually beautiful, too beautiful and different, and I was sure it wasn't just my voice ---Then it hit me like a door in my face, someone else was harmonizing along with me! Oh god!

I snapped around and stared straight into that shocking but familiar emerald green eyes. Yes, kill me, its Derrick Knight. How long had he been standing there? He heard me singing?! Drown me! No..! Why am I acting like one of those loser girls that go all weak and shy at guys?! That is not me!

Look away, look away, look away, Brea. I commanded myself mentally and tore my gaze from him, I shot up and placed the guitar down carefully and shot out "Um sorry."

Heck, why was I even apologizing for? Face-palm moment. I jogged out, or at least tried to as he told me,"Hey, hey, wait up!"

The next thing I know was that, I wasn't moving anymore, I was stopped in place. I felt his strong but gentle grip on my hands, sending electric currents up my arm. I was frozen in place by his touch and, once again, staring into his.. beautiful eyes.  Wait....Did I just say beautiful? Gosh. 

"O-oh um, sorry!" He said, finally letting go of my hands. He brought a hand up to the back of his neck while he stared away, after realizing that he was still holding on to me.  "N-no its alright." I mumbled back. Damn, what is with us and stuttering. "Do I know you?" he finally asked. "I don't think so, I've just moved to Cali." I replied shaking my head, but I felt like I knew him, which was the problem.

He gave a incomprehensible look with his eyebrows furrowed together, shaking his head, as though shaking all his thoughts away and ran his fingers through his soft looking neat brown hair. He looks so cute and hot when he's confused!

"You play pretty well and you have a beau-- uh.. great voice." He said and cleared his throat. Was he about to say that I have a beautiful voice? Whoa. "Thanks. Is that your guitar?" I replied, gesturing back to the guitar. "Yeah, it is." he nodded, smiling.

"Oh its beautiful, sorry for using it without your permission by the way, I just --you know. Sorry." I said, feeling all flustered. He chuckled at my clumsiness and made me laugh with him. "Nah, its alright. By the way, What's your name?" he asked with a sexy one eyebrow raised look. Good grieve, in all my schooling years, I havent seen many that looked as gorgeous as him. He's totally raising the bar.

"Brea Kendra, and you?" I asked, smiling, already knowing his reply. "Derrick Knight." He replied, smiling back. Just then the lunch bell rang, signalling the end of break and the start of classes, my savior. If I stayed any longer I might have died of cardiac arrest, my heart was beating like 300 beats per minute.

"Well, I better get going then. See you around." I said and gave a quick smile, not to brag or anything but he looked like he wanted to continue conversing, interesting. "Yeah, see you 'round Brea.", He gave a lop sided grin that made me gasped internally, I smiled in return and headed back to class. Gosh, Mel wouldn't believe this. 

My mind was occupied with my meeting with Derrick, he dueting with me sounded so good, it felt right--wait, what am I thinking now? No, Brea you can't! Lay low remember?! Ugh. 

The school bell rang, ending my french lesson and school, I packed my bag and strolled out, keeping out an eye for Mel, when someone stepped into my view, right infront of me. I focused on her face and saw a pretty blonde.

_____________________________________________________________________________