21.) Fallin' pt. 2

Start from the beginning

She began and Nina and Caine looked my way seeing if I was offended or some shit, but I was feeling the song.

"Talkin' late on the phone. Every night you've been callin'.. Private moments alone. Could your heart soon be fallin'?"

She looked at me and at that moment I realized she was talking about when we were beginning our friendship and I was fucking with this one broad a little too heavy for my own liking.

I brung her around my house twice, that's how she knew about it, I ain't think nothing of it since I never knew she was feeling a nigga.

I thought she was still stuck on ole bitch boy.

"And I know she's a friend, but I can't shake the feeling. That I could be losing your heart." She continued as she kept her eyes on me as she sang, I couldn't even look away.

Not even feeling Nina and Caine look my way every so often.

"I think I'm jealous of your girlfriend
Although, she's just a girl that is your friend
I think I'm jealous of your girlfriend
She sharesss a special part of you.."

"You said that she's one who helped you see. How deep you're in love with me and intentions were not to get in between, but I see possibilities.." she went on and that verse sounded like when we were in the hospital and she was tryna hint that she was feeling me and knew I was feeling her.

"And you say that you feeeel I'm the best thing in your life. And I know it's reallll. And I see it in your eyes. There's no reason for me to even feel this way, I know you just enjoy her companyyyy."

"I swear she is so talented." Nina whispered and I agreed. "I hope she becomes famous, she deserves it." She added and I stayed quiet having mixed emotions about that part.

Once she finished that song, everyone stood up and clapped, cheered and whistled.

"I have one more." She spoke after she took a bow and said thanks.

"Keep it coming sis!" Nina encouraged and I laughed at her outspoken ass. "Can't bring her no where." Caine added laughing and she rolled her eyes.

"This one is called Troubles.. I wrote this when I was in a dark place. Dealing with depression and things worse." She revealed, I felt the vibe in the building shift and I leaned forward more as Nina made sure the camera was still recording.

"Forgive me if I cry." She spoke into the mic already looking like she was about to. "I think I heard her sing this once." Nina whispered more to herself.

She played the piano and swayed slowly as she closed her eyes.

"Dear Lord, can you take it away?" She spoke in a gentle tone.

"I think this was referring to the abuse." Nina said to Caine and I. We looked at her then back at Tanya to listen to more of the words to be sure.

"This pain in my heart that follows me by day and at night.. it stalks me like the shadows on my wall. Mmmmm Oh my goodness."

She talked in a low tone as she kept her eyes closed. "I think it is." I said, "Just listen more and y'all see." Nina stated shushing me and I wanted to chop her in her forehead.

"Feeeel like the world is closing on me..
Feeeel like my dreams will never come to meee. I keep on slipping deeper into myself and I'm scareddd, so scared. If you're troubled.. you've just gotta let it go." She sang and the audience began to do a slow clap following her beat.