Chapter 28- Looking for answers

Start from the beginning

"She was pregnant." I finished for him.

He nodded. "She was pregnant. With his kid!"

"What did you do?"

"At first I wasn't sure. I knew the baby wasn't mine. After the incident I would refuse to touch her. And before the incident, less because we had a baby in the house. She cried like crazy and begged me to stay. I did. After Brianna was born, I did a DNA test on her. She wasn't mine."

"Yet you stayed with Lucy." I said.

"She was the love of my life! She was suffering for her betrayal! I couldn't just leave her."

"But you did."

"After a couple years that Brianna was born. I sticked around. But I grew tired with Lucy. She didn't love me anymore, and I couldn't touch her at all after that night. And that pained me. To not have the will to touch the woman I had once loved so much."

"Does.... Does my dad know about Brianna?" 

"No." 

"No?"

"Lucy couldn't tell him, and she never knew I had done a DNA test on her baby. She claims it's mine but the whole truth came out the other day, when I was tired of her begging me to stay. But I have a wife now, and three beautiful kids. I'm not going to leave my love for her, who destroyed me."

We grew silent. I tried to process into my small brain every word that was just exchanged. So far only I knew out of my whole family. Not even my dad.

"Thank you." I said and Taylor was confused.

"For what?"

"Telling me the whole truth. And," I shrugged my shoulders. "for not telling my parents about Brianna."

As much as I wish I would've known earlier about my sister, she would've changed my whole life. My parents would've gotten a divorce too, and I wouldn't be in the place that I was today.

"I couldn't. I saw how happy you were when you ran around with Bradly. You also bonded really well with Brianna. I didn't want anything to feel abnormal. Eventually, when your dad and Lucy had to see each other it was really awkward at first, but they quickly forgot about it when we saw the three of you playing around."

I remembered it all. Running around in my pink shorts and flowery shirt, chasing a fast Bradly, and Brianna by my side. 

I took a last sip from the coffee and I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. 

"So, what are you going to do now that you know everything?" He asked.

"I'm not sure." I looked down and then at Jessy who was still in the truck, watching my every move.

"You're not going to tell your parents you know, right?" He smirked.

"I don't think so." I honestly said.

"I want you to know something else." Taylor said and I stayed quiet and listened. "Your dad did apologize for that night. He was so ashamed and I couldn't stay mad at him forever. So, if I could forgive him, so can you. He never tried to hurt your mom, or you."

"Thank you." I said once again.

"No problem." He said and smiled. 

"I should probably go, my rides here." I said.

"Just in time." He smiled, and I could tell that a weight was also lifted off from his shoulders.

He walked me out of the cafe and asked for a hug. I awkwardly returned the hug and before walking away he grabbed my arm.