Chapter 37: Orders

Start from the beginning

"That's a little odd, isn't it?" Anakin asked.

"Hmm. Discover the truth we must." Yoda said.

"If there is a plot involving the clones, we must get to the bottom of it." Mace said.

"What's the plan, Master Windu?" Darrel asked.

"We will investigate quietly, undercover. We must make sure this clone is not killed." Mace replied.

"Me and Darrel handle this investigation. Fives was part of the 501st Legion, If Rex, Darrel, and I find him, he'll trust us." Anakin said.

"Be wary. Since Fives removed his inhibitor chip, he may no longer be the man you once knew." Shaak said.

Anakin and Darrel nodded in acknowledgment and left the War Room.

"Where is Rex anyway?" Darrel asked.

"I'll contact him." Anakin said.

Anakin pulled out his holo communicator to contact Rex, then a hologram of Rex appeared on the communicator.

"General Skywalker, General Pullie." Rex said as he saluted.

"At ease! We need your help to find Fives." Anakin said.

"Where shall I meet you both?" Rex asked. 

"Outside the Jedi Temple." Anakin replied.

"Right away, General." Rex said.

Then Rex's hologram faded away, and the two Jedi Knights went to the entrance of Temple and awaited Rex's arrival. Moments later, a Republic Police Gunship approached the Temple, and landed near Darrel and Anakin. Then the cockpit opened, and Rex came out and walked towards the two Jedi Knights.

"Greetings Generals, what's our first move." Rex asked.

"Where could Fives go to blend in?" Anakin asked.

"Hmm, isn't there a Clone Bar in the city?" Darrel asked.

"Yes, it's down 79." Rex replied.

"Then, we'll start there." Anakin said.

The two Jedi Knights and Rex walked to the Republic, until Rex's holo communicator was beeping, he answered it and a hologram of Arc Trooper Kix appeared on the communicator.

"Rex, it's Kix." Kix said.

"What's up, Kix?" Rex asked.

"Well, Fives was just here in the bar, he told me he wanted to talk to you and General Skywalker alone." Kix replied.

"Where is he now?" Anakin asked.

"He gave me coordinates to give you guys, forwarding them to you now. Good luck." Kix replied.

Then the hologram of Kix faded away, and another hologram appeared, it was a map, with coordinates that shown Fives' location.

"He's in Sector I-9." Darrel said.

Then the two Jedi Knights and Captain Rex continued walking to the gunship. Darrel went inside, while Anakin and Rex enter the cockpit. Then the gunship started to power up, and took off into the city. Moments later, they arrived at Sector I-9, the two Jedi got out of the gunship and looked around,  as Rex left his helmet in the gunship.

"Well, these are the coordinates Kix gave us. Let's hope Fives is inside." Anakin said.

"Eh, I hope he knows what he's doing." Rex said.