seventeen : dead drunk

Start from the beginning

If it wasn't because of Frazier telling me to stop drinking, I probably wouldn't have until I passed out.

"Give me one more glass. Just one more. Please..." I gave him a pleading look.

He leaned forward, closing the gap between us. With eyes locked on mine and his face inches away from me, he whispered, "No."

Frazier paid the bills then stood beside my chair and held out his arm. "Come on." I jumped off the stool and nearly fell flat on the ground. His strong arms were quick enough to hold me and kept me steady. "Be careful."

"I can manage." A silly giggle came out of my mouth as I pushed his hands away. "I'm not a baby." Right after I said that I slipped again. My feet seemed to lose their ability to stand straight and I fully blamed the sawdust on the floor.

"You are a baby." Frazier put his arm around me while his other hand held my arm tightly as he led me to the front door.

It was getting harder to keep my eyes open. "But babies are cute." The nonsense started coming out of my mouth. "I want to be a baby."

He held me in one arm and wrapped me close to his side so I wouldn't fall while his hand tried to open the car door.

I was annoyed that he ignored me so I pulled his ear. "I want to be a baby!" I yelled at him.

"Fine, fine, you can be my baby." He managed to open the car door and carefully helped me get inside the car.

I realized that I wasn't behind the wheel so I held out my palm. "Give me the keys. I wanna drive."

"Ah, sure!" He bent down and kneeled beside me. He lifted my legs, which dangling at the door, and put them inside the car. "But you're a baby, remember? Baby can't drive." With that, he carefully closed the car door. I was about to open it again when he pressed the key he was holding and locked the car.

I watched him through narrowed eyes as he walked over to his side and unlocked the car before getting inside. "Why did you have to lock it?"

He reached out to me and fasten my seatbelt. "Call it crazy, but I knew you were gonna try to get out of the car and refuse to get in unless I allow you to drive." My jaw dropped by how close his prediction was to the truth. I was going to exactly do that.

I pout and looked over the window. "I want some music." He pressed some buttons on the steering wheel and soft music started to play. I frowned. "I want a happy birthday song."

He stole a glance at me. "Why? Is it your birthday today?"

I shook my head. "No."

I could hear him let out a deep sigh. "Then why do you want a birthday song?"

"Because I'm happy!" I answered a tad louder.

Frazier shook his head in disbelief. "No. You're drunk."

"I'm happy!" I insisted.

He chuckled. "Oh, yeah? Then why's that?"

"Because you're not being an ass and we're having a good time." I could hear him say something but my eyes were too tired to remain open.

TYLER

"Am I allowed to go home now?" I put both hands on my hips and looked at Mario. I should be home, talking to Autumn, not standing in front of a hotel room, guarding the door for two hours.

He waved his hand. "Go."

He didn't need to tell me twice as I rushed to the set of the elevator at the end of the hallway and pressed the call button.