Chapter 34

Jimin's POV

It's been three days in a row now since Mr kim's men started giving death threats and ever since , my nights have been restless and the only person who knows about this is namjoon hyung. I could only trust him.

I run my hand through my hair.
"Urghh why are they making my life so difficult?!" I yell in frustration .

The black letter i receive each day that tells me to join them again and again. I can't join them again, not after what i saw them do . But i knew deep in my heart, the lives of the people i love are in danger and I can't afford to lose anyone anymore.

Maybe that's why my mother always use to say that love needs sacrifice, no matter how much you love a person.

-
-

Sae ron's POV

Today i decided to visit chan sung oppa at the hospital since i forgot to visit him yesterday. I wanted to ask jimin to come with me but he didn't seem like himself today. Not to mention he kinda avoided me. Maybe i was just overthinking things.

On the way to the hospital i decided to stop at a art shop that sells amazing paintbrushes in all types of shapes and sizes. I entered the shop and looked around.

"Hi miss! How may I help you?" A nice man approached me while smiling.

I smiled back.
"Oh hi! I'm just looking for some brushes for my brother who likes to paint. He's awfully good at drawing so I don't know which design to buy him." I explained.

"I see...hmmmm.." i could see that he was trying to figure out what brush i could buy.

"Aha! I know just the one." He looked happy like he just one the lottery.
He headed to a room behind the counter where i assume he keeps all the extra brushes.

Then he came out with a box of brushes and walked over to me.

"Here, i think these are perfect." He smiled and opened the box to reveal a set of 7 fine brushes made out of quality , smooth wood that shone sparkly , but what caught my eyes was at the end if each brush , a small key chain with a small metal plate at each one and on each brush a letter was carved on the metal plate making out the word. 'B R O T H E R'.

It was beautiful and it really meant a lot. So i decided to take it.
"Thank you for recommending this for me." I smiled and thanked him once again.

"No, thank YOU, for buying at our store and because of that, I'm going to add in a little art palette for you." He smiled widely.

"Omg thank you so much!" I exclaimed happily.

This was definitely a shop that i go to again .
I thanked him once again and headed out of the store. Since the store was a few minutes away from the hospital it only took me a few good minutes to arrive.

I entered the hospital and went to the second level where my brother's room was and passed the receptionist who was too busy to notice me . I knocked on the door but nobody seemed to answer and the door was unlocked so i just went in but there was nobody there. Just an empty cleaned hospital bed.

"Where did he go? Did he move to a different room or something?" I muttered to myself trying to figure out why the hospital bed was empty.

I decided to ask the receptionist lady about my brother.

"Um hi, " I said to the lady behind the counter.

She smiled at me." Hi , how may I help you miss?"

"Do you know where the patient in that room went?" I asked her as i pointed to my brothers room.

She looked over at the room i pointed to and looked confused.

"Oh haven't you you heard miss? He died yesterday."

The bag of brushes that i was holding dropped to the ground. This really couldn't be happening. We just met . H can't leave me yet, not now , when i need him the most. Without realizing, tears started falling down from my eyes.
Why couldn't he be saved this time?

I started to doubt everything.

"Miss! MISS!?! " the lady called me .

I looked at her worried face with my heartbroken face.
"How did he d-die?" I choked on my words.

I looked at the lady who looked hesitant on telling me the cause of his death.
Was it his cancer?
But he told me it was getting better....

"W-well, when the nurses went to check up in him...."

"What happened?!? Was it his cancer?"
I flustered.

" sadly it wasn't his cancer." She answered softly.

" when the nurses entered, they found him lying on his bed with a pale face."

I was confused. What did that have to do with his death.

" the nurses tried everything they could to wake him up but he just wouldn't and when the doctor finally checked on him, it turned out someone injected poison into his blood." She explained trying not to sound hurt.

"W-who would e-ever d-do such a-a Thing?" I burst into tears. I didn't care how i looked to all those other people anymore. Chan sung oppa was someone i could get along with even though we only met for a few days. Our sibling bond couldn't tear us apart but death could.

"T-thank you f-for telling m-me." I tried to smile at her with my now , bloodshot and puffy eyes.

I picked up the plastic bag with the brushes and walked out of the hospital before visiting the garden once more.
I walked and admired all the plants and flowers and sat on the bench. The bench where we first met.

I looked at the flowers across me, the flowers he was drawing that day then i looked down at the plastic bag i was holding . I took out the brushes and imagined the look on his face if he got to see these beautiful and delicate brushes.

I suddenly burst out crying clutching the brushes to my chest . How could anyone do this to a innocent person? Why?
The tears wouldn't stop as i held out the brushes once again with my trembling hand.

"I-if only *sniff* you were here t-to s-see these *sniff* beautiful b-brushes." I said as i stood up leaving the garden. Leaving behind all my memories with him.