Chapter 29

Sae ron's POV

I was speechless. I haven't seen jin in ages and now he's standing infront of me .

"What are you doing here?" Jimin clenched his teeth while holding me behind him.

Jin took a deep breath and looked outside the door before closing and locking it. He walked towards us and sat down on the nearest chair he could find. Not to mention how tired he looked.

"I said , what are you doing here?!" Jimin raised his voiced. I flinched a bit. I still couldn't get over angry jimin since he's always so gentle and kind with me.

" yah. Can you please stop yelling! They're gonna hear you!" Jin whispered yelled.
" and how many times must i tell you that im the good guy here okay?" He looked frustrated. He took off his cap and ruffled his messy hair. His face was pale and there were dark circles around his eyes which probably indicated that he didn't really get that much sleep.

Jimin was about to say something but i hugged his back , a sign for him to calm down. I rubbed his back and slowly sat myself at the edge of the bed.

"Jin" i called his name.

"Hmm?" He answered.

" how can i trust you ?" I said softly looking in his eyes.

He sighed. " didn't you realized that everything i told you about chaeyoung turned out to be true? And everything that happened to you and jimin? " he explained.

And slowly i began to realize that everything jin said made sense. Every warning he tried to give me and yet i chose to ignore him. He was just trying to help and i pushed him away.

" I-I - im so sorry..." i whispered but was loud enough to hear. Jimin looked surprised and so did jin.

"F-For not believing you the first time." I continued, looking down at my dangling feet.

Jin looked speechless since he didn't really expect me to say that.

"Sae ron ahh..." jimin said my name.

" yeah, i know jimin, but let's face it, mostly everything he tried to tell us was true but we ignored him." I told jimin and he kept silent as a sign of agreement.

"Look jin, I don't know what happened to you and i hope it wasn't something too bad. I just want to know how you knew all those stuff." I turned to jin.

" I-I ... I......" he was holding back his words.

"Spit it out" jimin spat. He crossed his arms as he leaned against the wall.

Jin sighed and finally gave up.
" do you still remember when i told you the moment i broke up with chaeyoung, i put my family in danger?" Jin asked me.

I nodded " yeah. I still remember . Why?" I was curious.

" the reason why i became chaeyoung's boyfriend in the first place was because my father worked for her father. " he said.

" but one day my father was assigned to kill someone but my father refused, so he ...... h-he was killed." He continued.

I wanted to say something but i was speechless. Tears were welling up in my eyes. How can he keep all of that to himself? After everything i said and how other people treated him, he locked it up inside.

I wiped the tears from my eyes. I had to be strong.

" so what about your family?" I asked him.

" well, since my father died, i was the one that had to take care of my family. But i guess chaeyoung had a eye for me so she made me a deal. If i become her boyfriend, she'll help keep my family safe." He explained.

"Well that sums things up." Jimin said. I almost forgot he was there .

" but now , my family and i are in danger, that's why i told them to move houses."jin said

"That explains why you weren't in school for a couple of weeks" i stated.

"Well yeah basically. Chaeyoung's dad is very powerful and i know he will be able to find us again but i just need to buy some time until i find out a way to stop this." Jin said seriously.

"Then let us help you." I spoke up.

"WHAT?!" Both of them said at the same time.

Jin and jimin looked at each other and then looked away.

"Ehem, i mean you know how dangerous that is sae ron? I cant afford to lose you anymore " jimin stared into my eyes.

"Im afraid i have to agree. This isn't some kind of game where if you lose you can just start over again. In this game, if you lose, you die." Jin said.

Those words sent chills down my spine.

Just as i was about to speak suddenly jin said something.

"Especially since it's you." He said.

"What do you mean by that?!" Jimin raised his voice.
I tried to calm him down but i was also curious.

"No, i dont mean like that jimin. I mean because the person my dad was sent to kill was sae rons father."

My ears couldn't believe what i was hearing.

"W-what a-are you saying j-jin?" I stuttered.

" your dad only left to save you and your mom sae ron. He just made you think he left you so you and your mom dont go after him." Jin explained.

I didn't know how to feel. I walked over to the chair and sat down , trying to process what jin said. What is happening?

I felt angry yet understanding, happy yet sad . My emotions were mixed. Jimin sat next to me and comforted me while holding my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I looked at jin with sad eyes.

He sighed.

"Because im afraid you'll get yourself killed."