"How can you eat that?" I rhetorically asked her. She laughed and shoved a part in her mouth. Barbecue sauce got on the side of her mouth and she wiped it with her tongue. I dipped mine in ranch and blew on it to cool it off.

Carrie came back with the check when we were halfway done. I handed her my credit card. She smiled and took it to the front desk. I packed our sticks in the leftover box, Carrie comes back and hands me my card.

"Bye babies." She walks away as we are picking up our stuff. We get up, Cyrus holding the tray, she walked outside. "Hey Lani, what's up honey?" Kelly tied her blonde-grey hair up.

"How old would I have to be to get a job here?" I asked quietly. Kelly stopped moving and looked at me with a big grin on her face. A big grin full of shock. She tied on her apron and grabbed a pen for her notepad.

"You want an application?" She grabbed a packet of papers and handed them to me when I nodded. I thanked her and walked out of the small diner.

"Oh hey. . . Kaplan." Eric was hanging out with a bunch of his friends. Cyrus looked over while I unlocked the car with my remote. "You wanna get some dinner . . . some time?" I ignored him and got inside my car.

"What was that about?" Cyrus asked once we started driving away. I shrugged and turned down our street. I pressed the button on the rearview mirror that opens the garage. Once it was all the way opened I parked inside and shut it again.

Cyrus got out and ran inside the house. I got out as well, grabbing my bag and locking the door. I walked inside and set my bag on the dining room table. We never even use this piece of shit so why do we have it?

One of these days I'm gonna sell everything I own and buy my own damn house. Far away from these fuckers. Actually I will take Cyrus with me so she could grow up with someone who will actually be there.

~

Kaplan?" My dad called from downstairs. I didn't answer him, instead I put my headphones in and kept reading my novel. I turned up the music all the way when I heard his footsteps coming upstairs. His hand patted my shoulder. I groaned and took out my earbuds.

"Yes father dearest?" I asked with a sour smile. He rolled his eyes and sat next to me on the bed. I tried to ignore the tux he was wearing but he brought it up to me.

"Please wear that." He pointed to a strapless red dress that was hanging on the door. "There is a ball tonight. The whole town is invited so that means we are going. It would be nice if you came along with the rest of the family." He got up and walked out of the room.

I rolled my eyes just as he did and stood up. I slammed my bedroom door and yanked the dress off the hanger. I took off my clothes and slipped the dress over my head. I went to Cyrus' room and asked her to help me zip up the damned thing.

"It won't got any further." She said through her teeth. Oh no. That means I can't wear this garbage tonight. Oh darn. Whatever will we do? "Maybe you should take your bra off?" Cyrus needs to shut the fuck up. She fluffed up the bottom even more so now I fell like a fucking six year old in a fucking ballerina tutu.

I groaned and walked away from her. I stared at myself in the bedroom mirror I have and rolled my eyes. I walked away and unhooked my bra. I tossed it in my bag along with my pants, a sweatshirt, and my converse.

I zipped up the dress myself and grabbed my black sneakers. I tied them up and walked downstairs just as my dad was grabbing his keys. He looked at me and shook his head. I rolled my eyes and stuffed my phone in my boob area.

"You wanna ride with me or dad?" I asked Cyrus when she walked downstairs. She rolls her eyes at me and grabs a small overcoat. What.

"You make everything so difficult. Why can't you just spend time with your dad?" She snaps and I widen my eyes in disbelief. Dad walks back in and rushes us to get on the road.

"Why can't dad spend time with his children?" I snapped back. I grabbed my bag and walked outside. I slammed my car door when I got in and started the car.

I sped off towards Macy's house and parked in front when I got there. I walked right inside and said hi to her parents. I marched up to her room and pushed the door open, ready to hear her forgive me.

She was laying on the bed with a math book in front of her. She looked to me and then to her desk. I followed her gaze and rolled my eyes again when I saw Booger sitting there.

I turned around and started to walk out again. The door shut after I walked out. I headed for my car but stopped when she called my name. "Kaplan." She walked down towards me and I looked at her intently.

"Yes Macy?" I asked softly. Instead of answering me, she wrapped her arms around me and hid her face in my chest. "Macy . . ." This was kind of awkward. She started sobbing so I pat her back in a friendly way. It's funny that she is acting this way now. Especially when she ripped my head off a while ago.

"I don't even know where we are going anymore!" She cries. I pull her away from my chest, cupping her cheeks and looking into her puffy red eyes. "I thought he would do something . . . anything to show me I'm the one for him." She looks down and I sigh.

I am totally waiting to say I told you so but that stupid ass caring part of me just hugs her. The door opens again and Booger walks out with his books and backpack. He blows me a kiss as he walks away. I flip him off making him laugh. He walks into his house and Macy pulls away from me.

She wipes her face and glances at me. She apologises many more times but I dismiss her and tell her to get dressed up. She goes inside her house and I wait by my car.

Booger walks out with his mom and dad. His dad was wearing a nice tux with his mom wearing a nice ass black dress. Booger was wearing a suit and tie with his hair pulled back in a black and white bandana. They pile into one car and pull out of the driveway.

Macy walks out in her long pink dress. I look back at my fucking tutu and groan. I could have worn a formal at least. That would have made me look sophisticated. I look like I'm in fourth grade in this red tutu.

I drive away and park in the parking lot of the stupid convention centre this shit is being held at. Why not some high school gym or some shit? This tax money is all going to this damn place. My dad complains about everything but this he doesn't complain about. Bastard.

"This is gonna be fun!" Macy squeals and drags me inside. So I guess we are not fighting anymore? She immediately finds Scott and her excited demeanour changes to one of sadness. "I'm gonna get something to drink. You want anything?" Tequila. Vodka. Beer. I will even take a champagne at this point.

"I'm good." I shrug and she walks away. I find Cyrus dancing with some boy. My dad and Emily are dancing together. Old people shouldn't be dancing. Old people shouldn't even be dating. If you can't get any then don't try.

"Hello Kaplan." I look to the right and see Darcy walk up to me. I nod my head and he looks around. "How are you?" Like he gives the tiniest of shit.

"Awesome." I continue looking at all of the pathetic wastes of space. Darcy clears his throat and looks around as well. "How's your piece of shit school?" I haven't really been at school this week.

"Still a piece of shit." I look at him in disbelief. He looks at me with a small smirk on his face and I can't help but laugh. "How's Marshall?" He asks looking back at the crowd.

"Piece of shit." I mutter not really wanting to call my dad that but . . . oh well. "How's Gage?" I smirk remembering his son and how hot he is. He laughs and looks at me.

"He is on his way to graduate." I roll my eyes. "You are too ya know." He grabs a cup from the person that had a tray full of them. "Whether you like it or not Kaplan, you are capable of a lot more than pulling pranks and being a talented delinquent." He winks and I roll my eyes with a small smile on my face.

"Talented?" I repeat. He laughs and pats my shoulder. Instead of answering me, he walks away to talk to another teacher.