"Pumkin.. hey.." Gray shook the saiyan's shoulder. "Ya still with us?"

Pumkin was still silent, staring forward, shivering. 

Erza narrowed her eyes at Lola's retreating back, a slow grudge starting to form. Pumkin was a very strong girl.. the only reason for this level of fear she could imagine.. was that Lola had done something absolutely horrific to Pumkin that traumatized her as a child..

"Pumkin.. is there something-?" Erza began.

Suddenly, a loud voice blared out into the town, interrupting Erza, as a holographic image rippled into the sky. 

"WAHAHAHAHAHA!! IT'S TIME PEOPLE!! THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE!!! I!  YOUR WORLD CHAMPION!! MISTER SATAN!! AM PROUD TO BE THE HOST FOR THE BEGINNING.. OF THE NEXT GRAND MAGIC GAMES!!!"

The holographic image of a large muscular man in a red martial arts gi was in the sky, his image taking up enough of the skyline to be seen by the entire town

The holographic image of a large muscular man in a red martial arts gi was in the sky, his image taking up enough of the skyline to be seen by the entire town. He wore a white cape over his shoulders..  and he possessed a large mustache, and afro over his head.. he laughed as he held up a double peace sign into the air.

"Is that?" Erza said.

"Yeah.. the supposed strongest Martial Artist style mage in the world." said Pumkin "I heard he won several world Martial Arts tournaments in Fiore.. people practically worship him now.."

"I!! Your Number One Wizard Saint! Am here to declare these games.. now... OPEN!!" Mr. Satan exclaimed. "WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now I know what you all are thinkin'.. Hurry up an' get ta the games Mr. Satan sir! I'm dyin' ta see some action!! Well wait no longer folks! Cause it's startin' right now!! The First challenge of the games that'll determine which 8 guilds get ta stay and play the Jingle Jungle with the main events!!! That's right! An elimination round!!"

"Elimination round?" said Pumkin. "Really!?"

"Yeah, over 110 guilds tend to join the games." said Gray. "But that's way too many to deal with.. so there's always an elimination round at the Grand Opening phase of the games.."

"We barely made it through the first elimination rounds last game." said Lucy. "I hope we're alright this time around."

"SCREW THAT!" said Natsu, grinning. "We'll be in first place for sure this time!!"

"Now for the challenge!" Mr. Satan cleared his throat. "Alright here's how it'll go.. there are 8 statues of my gorgeous mug, gold in color, hidden throughout this here city!" said Mr. Satan, holding up eight fingers. "Now in order to  make it through.. ya simply have ta be the team to deliver one of those statues ta me at the entrance to the arena over there in that direction! No delivering more than one statue, that'd be cheating and result in instant elimination! Gotta give the other teams a chance to get a shot at glory, get ma meaning?

"Hercule!! Hercule!" suddenly a high pitched voice erupted from off in the distance, and a new hologram entered out of nowhere, pushing into Mr. Satan's hologram.

It was of some sort of fat pink creature. It had a large pink body that looked like jello almost with holes on the arms and head, and an innocent fat buddha-like face with no nose. It wore genie like vest and pants, with a gold emblem on it's belt buckle that had a black M on it.. as well as a large purple cape.

"The hell is that!?" stammered Pumkin

"It.. looks cute!" said Wendy, her eyes sparkling.

"Buu hungry!" said the blob creature. "Buu want food!"

"M-Majin Buu! Hey!!" stammered Mr. Satan. "Not now Buu! I'm doin' ma thing!! You're in the magic projector!!"

"Huh?" Buu looked around. "Ooooooh! Buu on Tv?"

"Kinda.. Not quite! I'll feed ya later.. just.. just get out of the footage man!!" Mr. Satan exclaimed.

"Okay! Buu go back to sleep then.." Buu said, walking out of the holographic projection and disappearing. 

"Oh.. right.. okay.. nobody panic, that was just my.. er.. protogee!" stammered Mr. Satan. "Now.. where was I..? Oh Right! OKay.. so.. each qualifying team must turn in one of the eight statues hidden throughout the city... now for the citizen's own safety! I must request ya all stay indoors, as there's bound ta be some fightin' breaking out all over the place!! And there IS a time limit everyone.. ya all have about 4 hours ta get yer prizes.. so ya better get a move on!! So.. get ready everyone... cause the challenge of Mr. Satan's incredible Scavenger Hunt... STARTS... NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

Fireworks exploded into the sky.. and as they did, Pumkin began to feel her composure come back, and she grinned with excitement.

"Lotsa strong guys to fight.. a death challenge with no other rules other than get your objective or die trying.." Pumkin said, her eyes glinting. "Oh my gosh.. this is going to be fun!! What are we waiting for everyone!! LET'S DO THIS!!"

"Hell yeah!" said Natsu grinning as well. "I'M ALL FIRED UP!!"