Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

---------------------------

“What..?"

Arjun smacked his head mentally.. Somehow he blurted out his inner thoughts. God..! What was wrong with him..?

“No.. No... I worded it wrong.. I have a gift for you to wear."

“Oh.."

Maya looked at the gift willing her heart to stop beating like this..

Moreover no one had gifted her genuinely since she never had friends nor any relatives..

Something to wear...

Maya wondered what dress was this...

She prayed to God that it was something white...

Wearing anything colorful disgusted her. Arjun must have noticed her expression because he said,

“Don't worry.. It's white.."

Maya nodded and took the gift from his hands and opened the gift eagerly like a small child..

It was a knee length white gown and it was beautiful..

“Wear it now Maya.."

Maya looked up startled hearing his words and knew she could never wear it in front of him nor in front of anyone..

“I can't Arjun."

“Come on Maya.. You promised to listen to me today.."

“But this is bare back Arjun and it will...."

“........reveal your scars, right Maya?"

“How did you know Arjun?"

“That's the reason I picked this dress.."

“Are you trying to humiliate me Arjun..?"

Arjun moved closer towards her and looked straight in her eyes..

“Do I look like the person to humiliate you.?"

Maya shook her head, knowing Arjun was not a person like that.

“Then why...?"

“There is a reason Maya.. I want to know you better. I want us to trust each other and I want to show you something.."

“Fine then.."

Maya took that dress as he was being stubborn and moved towards the dressing room and locked it..

Maya's hands trembled in fear because those scars were ugly and that's the reason she never worn anything with bare back and sleeveless..

To think Arjun of all people notice how ugly her body was...

He must have seen them when she took care of him in that car, giving him her shirt when he had a fever..

Maya put her wet clothes including her inner wears away after removing and dried herself with towel before wearing the dress Arjun had gifted her..

As she slid Arjun's gifted dress over her, her breath stuttered with panic and fear..

She couldn't bring herself to look at her reflection in mirror as she was sure she would have panic attack if she even glanced at her scars...

The scars that Ashwin had carved in her skin to remind her of who owned her entire life...

The scars were gift from Ashwin that she could never show her skin to anyone in shame..